Queen Jashoda | Tenacious

It was a nice morning.

Queen Jashoda had yelled on at least 12 servants, 2 sons, and 1 official.

Life is so worth living when you have the authority to yell at people and then laugh. Ahh.

She walked with long bold strides towards the court and made a grand entrance.

Although the officials didn't mind it much. They actually liked something interesting happening in the court.

"How on earth did she change like that?!" One of the officials gossipped until the queen came.

"As you know, the tower is wicked! It made her wicked too! Don't you know the old wizard that had gone to the tower and returned with no magic left in him? Don't you remember that woman who was crazy but returned with such intelligence? That tower can either change you for good or madden you for the worse." The other one replied.

"Well then both of them happened for her!"

Both of them laughed while they felt the scorching gaze of the fierce face lingering on them. They looked behind to find the subject of their conversation looking down at them with a steel gaze.

"Whatcha doing there you two?" the lioness spoke.

"Nothing, your majesty. We were just discussing some news."

"Oooh, my fate is news to you? Why not discuss the damaged market goods that come under your supervision into the market? Maybe someday you will make it to the news for good! Talk about me later, would you? And please focus on the imports more than gossip."

Both of them admired the carpet on the wooden floor.

The count came to 12 servants, 2 sons, and 3 officials and steadily increased.

"Now if your concern for my change in behavior is over, can we discuss some real matters, please? I have an empire to hold."

"Yes, your majesty" they chirped.

She walked to the throne and sat on it cross-legged and motioned to the dewan to give the latest news and complaints from the peasants and merchants. They had good enough agricultural land and peasants that used the latest agricultural techniques to grow the best bajra of the subcontinent. The dewan started reading out the list of activities she had to carry out.

Basically give the notifications to the court.

"Ma'am, the Wife of Mr. Devaansh Raj Kumar says that-"

"Wait!"

"What happened, your majesty?"

"Why are you saying the wife of so and so? She must have a name won't she?"

"Umm... Ma'am yes she does but we refer to women like that only ma'am. As we have done for years, your majesty."

"Well, we punish innocent people let's say, for instance, an official, as we have done for years just because the King or dare I say, the Queen wants to. Should I do it?" 

He too had a newfound interest in the richly embroidered carpet.

"I don't have time for you to admire the carpet, you doofus! Now continue!"

He shuffled in his position and continued reading the other complaints.

She continued listening to them and nodded.

The court was finally dismissed, much to the officials' relief mainly due to the fact that it had never been this long and insulting. Maharaja Lakshman Dev was devoted but he seldom cursed or insulted anyone. The 50 minutes of the court session seemed like 5 hours.