4 | fix the blonde

I enter my first lesson at Hogwarts, potions. Thankfully, Blaise is also in my lesson, so I sit beside him near the front. Unfortunately, Draco joins us, and takes a seat beside me. Of course.

"What's up Dobrev?"

"You could just call me Camila, you know that right?"

"You are a Dobrev are you not?" He raises a brow.

"I am but-"

"Then what's the issue?"

I just sigh and roll my eyes, attempting to ignore him now. He really is annoying and I genuinely cannot be bothered. The new potions Professor arrives and seems as if she really cannot be bothered.

Well, if she isn't excited, I sure am. My first potions class at Hogwarts. I sound like a proper nerd, but I guess you could say that I kinda am. My mum and I are the same. She was always teaching us new whacky spells and potions. It was quite fun. I wonder if it'll be the same here.

The Professor begins to scribble sentences on the blackboard, nobody really paying attention. As I'm trying to concentrate, Draco clears his throat, drawing my attention.

"Yes?"

"So, Dobrev. The Slytherins are hosting a party tonight, you know, to celebrate the start of a new year." He explains.

"Ok."

I'm assuming it's the one History and Parkinson mentioned.

"So when I pick you up, make sure you look good."

I almost choke on air.

"You what?" I look at him in shock.

"You heard me." He sits up straighter, crossing his arms.

"Firstly, you didn't even ask me proper-"

"Well it was evident you were going to go with me anyway."

"No it wasn't?" I scoff.

"Are you coming then?" He asks.

"Well I would've considered it but I'm not sure now." I shrug.

I'm still uncertain about whether I should go or not. I guess now that I am in the Slytherin house I will have to interact and take part in events like these, you know? I can't just miss out on opportunities and firsts all because of fear... or because I feel uncomfortable around Draco Malfoy.

I notice that every couple of minutes, he'd slowly budge his chair close to me, side-eyeing me to make sure I'm not realising what he's doing.

It's quite funny trying to see him rizz me up. Fails every time, but fake blondes just aren't my type.

Suddenly, I feel something hit and poke my head, and when I look down I find a perfectly manufactured paper plane in my lap. I take sight of the group of three boys sat opposite us at the other side of the classroom, giggling and laughing as they watch my reaction.

Lorenzo Berkshire, Theodore Nott and... him. Mattheo Riddle. The one I need to stay away from.

I lower my gaze and try not to give them a reaction or draw any unwanted attention. But once again, I notice another plane flying in our direction, this time thankfully, it hits Draco right in the face.

I laugh quietly but as I do, my eyes make contact with his. For a moment, I embrace the fact that we're both laughing at Draco's pathetic face, a smile on both our faces as our eyes suddenly meet... but then my smile fades, as I remember who I'm looking at.

I look back down at my notebook, tucking my hair behind my ear, and act as if none of that happened.

I am not involved.

Not involved with him.

I made a promise to my mum, and I wish to fulfil that promise.

***

My first four lessons at my first day at Hogwarts go extremely well. I'm learning new things very quickly, and applying my current knowledge my mum taught me.

As I walk through the hallways with Blaise beside me, making our way to the Great Hall for lunch, I can't help to feel as if... I'm being watched... or even talked about. I look around me at the students scattered around the corridors, most walking past to wherever they need to be. But I hear what they say. I am not oblivious.

"Wait wasn't the Dobrev family supporting Voldemort?"

"Yeah, no wonder Draco wants her."

"He asked her out to the Slytherin party!"

"No way, she got chosen to go with him?"

"I heard she eagerly agreed to go with him."

"New month, new hoe for Draco."

I stop in my tracks, just about had enough. The amount of nonsense I just heard coming out of people's mouths is insane!

I am not one of Draco's hoes, neither am I going to the Slytherin party with him! What has he been telling people? The fuck? News sure does spread fast in this castle.

My blood boils, but I make the smart decision not to react and cause a scene, and create the wrong impression of myself. But, clearly that's already been done but the fake blonde.

"Blaise, you're hearing this right?"

"Sounds like a load of bullshit to me. Just ignore it, people here are..."

"Shit stirrers?"

"Indeed."

"It's that ferret looking Malfoy. He's spreading lies." I tell him, and Blaise sighs.

"I wouldn't have it personally." He raises his hands.

"Such an instigator." I laugh, shoving him slightly. "You're feeding my desire to Avada Kedavra him."

"A bit much." He replies, as we continue walking to the lunch hall. "Maybe just... contaminate his shampoo with a lil hair dye potion he shrugs.

"Blaise, you genius."

"Did I just hear Zabini come up with a prank?" A boy suddenly says, approaching us from no where.

He has flaming red hair and freckles, and rather on the tall side. His soft smile is catching as I look up at him confused.

"Hi there." He says to me. "I'm George Weasley."

"Weasley? Harry Potter's friend?" I ask him.

"Oh no, that would be my younger brother Ron." He explains.

"Oh I see. Wait so, what year are you in?" I ask him curious.

"Final year. Same as you. I had to retake this one, as I got up to too much mischief." He chuckles, and looks down for a moment... looking almost sad. "But anyway, I heard something about a hair dye potion!" His face suddenly lights up again.

"Yes, yes." Blaise replies. "We're planning on pranking Malfoy. Except it's not a prank, it's revenge. Kinda."

"Yep. Someone really needs to fix that fake blonde. We'd be doing him a favour." I shrug.

"Haha, I like this one. You're new right?" He asks me.

"Yes, I am. Today's my first day. I'm Camila D-" I pause for a moment and rethink my words. "I'm Camila. Nice to meet you George."

"Likewise Camila." He smiles. "Now, you just have to let me in on your prank."

"Of course! The more the merrier." I laugh as we approach the Great Hall.

The doors swing open, and the sight in front of me takes me aback.