Junoon 3

Author's POV

Zara ran to the bathroom as soon as she escaped Salaar. She entered the bathroom and it was thankfully empty. She gripped the sinks and breathed hard with tears flowing down her cheeks. Her heart was beating so fast, she feared it could jump out anytime.

She started breathing deeply. The angry side of Salaar was not a new thing. It was the second time she heard him yelling but this time was way stronger and had more emotions involved than the last time.

She wasn't sure how she would face him again even though she had done nothing wrong. She did not want to marry him nor did she want to see him ever again after the stunt he pulled. She really hoped Salaar was joking with his demand but his deep strong yelling voice said otherwise.

She decided that she would go home without attending the other classes. She did not want to even accidentally bump into the devil and she was really overwhelmed as well. She called her brother and asked if he was free and could drop her off.

Adeel agreed to drop her off and said he would be waiting for her near where he parked his bike. Zara fixed her hijab and tried to remove the tear stains from her face so that her brother would not notice.

Zara walked out of the bathroom and saw Mikael and Rayan with Salaar coming from one side of the hallway. She turned the same way so that her back was towards the trio. She grasped the dupatta on her head and speed walked out of the building as soon as she could.

She finally made it to the parking lot and saw Adeel leaning against his bike while looking at his phone. She was breathing hard by the time she reached him and said her Salam.

"Walaikumaslaam. Tum theek to ho? Itni sans kion chari howi he?" Adeel asked, worrying about his sister's well being. (Walaikumaslaam. Are you ok? Why is your breathing so heavy?)

"Jee theek hoon Adeel bhai. Wo tezi se chal ke ayi thi isi waja se sans charh gayi he. Don't worry." Zara said as she hurried to sit at the back, trying to avoid further discussion. (Yeah I'm good brother Adeel. I just walked fast which is why my breathing is heavy. Don't worry.)

Adeel did not pay much attention and believed her. He properly sat on the bike and started it. He rounded the parking lot to get out. Zara let out a sigh as the bike started moving. She looked up and saw Salaar, Mikael and Rayan walking to the parking lot. She quickly ducked her head down and brought her hijab towards her face to hide her face.

Adeel successfully exited the parking lot and started going towards their house. As soon as they reached, Zara went inside and said her Salaam while Adeel went back. Mrs. Siddiqui went towards her daughter with worried eyes, seeing her back from university earlier than usual.

"Walaikum Assalam Zara. Tumhari tabiyat theek he beta? Aaj university se jaldi aa gayi ho." Mrs. Siddiqui questioned. (Walaikum Assalam Zara. Are you ok? You are back early from university.)

"Jee mama bas thori sar mein dard ho rahi thi to aa gayi." Zara said as she avoided touching certain topics. (Yes mama, my head was just aching a bit which is why I decided to come home early.)

"Oh acha theek he. Chai bana don? Apne lunch kar liya he?" Mrs. Siddiqui asked. (Oh alright. Should I make some tea? Did you have lunch?)

"Nahi nahi uski koi zaroorat nahi he. Thori der let jayon to theek ho jaye shayad." Zara answered, trying to get away from the situation. (No no there's no need for that. I will lay down for a bit then it might be fine.)

" Aik panadol le lena agr dard theek na howi." Mrs. Siddiqui said to which Zara just hummed and rushed to her room. Mrs. Siddiqui could feel something had happened but she did not want to push her daughter to tell her. (Take a panadol if the pain doesn't go away.)