Chapter 16

JARED'S POV

"She thinks you work in marketing?" laughed Dean, shaking his head as Dylan shushed him, holding up his boxing pads again for me to hit again.

"That's what I'm having to go with," I panted, punching at the pads as hard as I could, droplets of sweat flying off of me as I grunted, causing Dylan to nod encouragingly.

"Alright, that's enough for one day," he said, chuckling and throwing his pads to the ground, leaving me to wipe at my upper lip using the collar of my sports top.

"You know you're going to have to tell her what you are eventually?" Dean told me, making me roll my eyes, shooting him a friendly glare.

I wiped the palms of my hands on my shorts, chucking my boxing gloves to the ground. "Thanks for reminding me, Dean. I was just planning on leaving the pack completely and living as a human for the rest of my life."

Dylan laughed at my sarcastic tone, and I ran my hands through my hair, tilting my head back and groaning.

I was stressing out at the idea of admitting what I was to Anna, and I wasn't sure when to leave it until. I wanted to tell her soon, but I was afraid of freaking her out, but I also didn't want her thinking I was lying to her.

Anna had rushed to work earlier, having lost track of time and realising that she was most likely going to be late. I had offered to call a cab for her, but obviously she had declined, slipping out of the door in a hurry. She had been quiet, and although I could tell she was happy for me after hearing about my operation, she wasn't talking much, her face looking saddened.

I had agreed to meet her after her shift, and it was almost time for me to head off to do so. Clara was also collecting Sophia, so we were going to make our way down their together.

I had been working a little bit today, but, I had really knuckled down and got most of what I needed to do done already, giving me a big of free time to run some errands.

"Have you taken her on a date yet?" Dean wondered, and I shrugged, pursing my lips.

"I mean kind of, but not really. We went out for dinner but it was a spur of the moment idea," I said, feeling guilty. I needed to take Anna out soon. "But I wouldn't class the meal we had as a 'date'."

We began to head back to the house, me having made my way to the pack for a boxing session with Dylan and Dean. I had spoken to them about my surgery, and as much as they were shocked I had actually agreed to go ahead with it, they were excited for me. They had asked if I needed anything, but, I didn't want anyone looking after me. I would be able to deal with it alone.

Once we had entered the house, I made my way into my temporary bedroom and into the shower. I allowed the hot jets to hit me harshly, making my skin feel as if it was about to melt off my bones. I like it though.

I was unsure what to do about Anna when I had my surgery. Clara had offered for me to stay here for a few days while I recovered, but I felt bad leaving Anna alone at the house. She wouldn't like staying there by herself and would feel as if she was taking advantage of my place, which wouldn't be my opinion, but I knew how her mind worked.

I coated myself with soap, washing it off and exiting the shower, quickly dressing myself. Making my way into the living room, I spotted Clara, her face lighting up a she noticed me.

"Ready to leave?"

I nodded, pulling my shoes on and following her out of the house.

"How's living with Anna going?" she questioned and I hummed in response, keeping quiet. It was good, but I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up for me. Anna was still yet to find out what I was, and I knew that that could change everything for us.