WITH YOU TILL THE END-9

"I hope you had a good time, Scarlett." Markus said, as he pulled off in front of her apartment.

"I did. It was really fun." She replied with a short smile. As Markus watched, he noticed her tired features. Her eyes were drooping and her body felt exhausted.

"You can take a leave tomorrow, if you need some rest."

"Thank you but a good night's sleep would be enough." He gave her a soulful smile, filling her heart with warmth. For a brief moment she seemed to have been enchanted by the curve of his lips, the radiance of his eyes, his messed up hair. Even after such a tiring day, somehow he managed to look as fresh as a new day.

"Alright then. see you tomorrow." She heard his voice, bringing her back from her dreamland. She took it as her cue to leave and exited the car. They greeted each other goodbye and he left as soon as she went inside the building.

As Marcus drove the car, the cold night breeze caressed his face. His mind drifted back to the day's events, and glued to a particular moment - his dance with Scarlett.

He couldn't help but get reminded of her intoxicating cologne, her soft hands that fit in his perfectly,  his hands around her delicate body and her greyish-storms embracing his ocean-blues, without any fear, hesitance or lust, the only things that he had received from anyone other than the people he cared for.

His one hand was on the steering while the other one ruffled his hair, as he took a sharp breath and muttered, "Scarlett Jones."

Soon he pulled off in front of his house.

As he got out of the car, he saw Chloe watching him from her window. Though it was a little dark, he could tell that she was tired.

"Not tired ?" He quietly asked.

"I was just waiting for you, Now that you're here I can sleep peacefully."  She replied, understanding  his sarcasm.

"I am fine, Chloe. Good night" Softly, he said.

"Good night, Markus." She turned and closed the window, not before waving him a bye and receiving a bye in return.

As he unlocked the door and stepped inside, he couldn't stop his mind over again from thinking about her.
"Would she also be so soft and gentle"

He sighed and quickly changed before collapsing on his bed.

"You have really got my attention, Scarlett." He mumbled, half asleep. Slowly, being engulfed into deep slumber.

___________________________________________

                  ONE WEEK LATER

"Sure. You wouldn't be disappointed."

"Yes. Yes of course. I'll get back to you. Have a good day, Mr.Hudson." Markus spoke to the person he was on call with and cut the call.

"What did he say ?" Scarlett asked Markus with excitement.

With a merry smile on his face, Markus replied, "Guess we're going England." 

"We got the contract." She enthused upon interpreting his words, receiving an assuring nod from him.

"That's such a good news."

"Yeah it is, but we'll need to be very careful. This contract is very important if we want to expand to other countries as well. You get me ?" He said to her gently but gravity underlying his softness couldn't  be ignored.