NINE

𝐚𝐮𝐫𝐨𝐫𝐚 𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐧-𝐠𝐢𝐨𝐫𝐨 𝐫𝐚𝐚

I always thought I could give up my pride to seduce Theodore Jeong, but I was sorely wrong.

"Looks like you're missing half a point there, princess," Theodore taunted with a smirk as he waved the score he got on our first paper: a perfect hundred.

"Don't get too cocky, Theodore," I fired back, hating the 99.5 plastered at the top of my paper. Was the decimal difference really a necessary distinction? "We get our test grades for game theory and Nash Equilibrium next period. You didn't already forget about how you lost to me in our poker game, did you?"

That wiped off his smug smile. In the past two days of our classes at St. Helios Academy, we've deduced each other's strengths and more importantly, weaknesses. He might've been better than me at maths, chemistry, and physics, but I will always beat him in economics, history, and literature. The only thing we were both evenly equal in aptitude was philosophy.

Theodore smoothed his facial features into that familiar, smug, arrogant, irritating, privileged, multi-billion trust fund heir's expression-

"What did you do this time? Did you cheat on that test the way you cheated in our race? Tackle the teacher instead?"

"It's not cheating if you never established the rules," I shot back, offended by even just the accusation of academic cheating.

"Tackling me because I was going to cross the finish line first is cheating," Theodore said, coldly, ignoring the way every person was listening in on our argument. He knew very well that we were head to head. He was not going to cross that finish line first.

I replied with a sharp smile. "Don't tell me you're still sore about that, Theodore. Is your body still bruised from how I tackled you?"

The play on words was not lost on him. I found it pretty humorous, but clearly he didn't. Theodore leaned in close enough so that I could see every detail of his irises. I refused to flinch back from his cold anger and glared up at him.

"Have you already forgotten how I looked lying underneath you, princess?" Theodore murmured and my cheeks burned — from anger, nothing else. "If you wanted to drape yourself over me so badly, all you had to do was ask. You didn't have to throw yourself at me."

"In your dreams," I hissed.

Theodore glanced over at Jasmine, who stared at him with a particular look. "Really? It's almost as if it runs in the family."

Anger washed over me as he pushed past me to leave the classroom. Jasmine hurried to catch up to him and I struggled to keep my breaths even. Zayden followed Theodore, but he paused before me. I arched up at eyebrow at him and waited for what he had to say to me.