FOUR

𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧

𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧

No one else played boys like I did, but even I had to hand it to the Raa.

She played Theodore Jeong like a fiddle.

When her identity was revealed, people recoiled. She was a Raa who just won against a Jeong.

Everyone knew of their families' famous rivalry. Whatever hatred Theo had for her ran deeper than just some loss over a poker game and a few thousand dollars.

This was a blood feud.

Kyro gaped at her. "You're a Raa?"

"Oops," Aurora Aisin-Gioro Raa shrugged lightly.

Her eyes flitted over to Theodore. She was too intelligent to not piece it together. In that instant, she knew exactly who he was.

She knew that he was Theodore Jeong.

The person she must have hated the most in this entire world.

Three minutes. That was how long the two of them stared at each other, analyzing and memorizing every resentful, beautiful feature on the other's face.

Aurora was the first to break away. She wasn't a fool. She knew that if she wanted to escape the party unscathed, she'd better leave now.

With the cash she won in one hand, Aurora turned and quickly disappeared into the crowd.

Theo stood up, seething, and pursued her. I couldn't help but watch in delight as she ducked through the crowd. Theo struggled to follow because of all the girls flocking to him. Interesting. She even guessed that anywhere in a crowd, Theo would be horded and blocked.

"She's bold," Kyro remarked, taking Theo's seat next to Zayden. "The most interesting person in this room, easily." He glanced at his best friend. "What do you think?"

"I think you need to sober up," Zayden replied.

"Dickhead." Kyro chuckled, unbothered by his lack of emotion. "Come on, you know she's hot. Even you can't deny it."

"I thought you didn't like the ones with attitude."

"Only you, Z," Kyro laughed, ruffling Zayden's coal-colored hair. Zayden rolled his eyes at Kyro's antics but I caught a flicker of a smile crossing his lips.

"Think she'll survive that?" Kyro asked after another sip of alcohol. "I haven't seen Theo played this badly. Or this turned on."

"He's never made a wrong call until today. Must hurt the pride." Zayden looked further in Aurora's direction. "I have a feeling he's about to be humbled again."

I followed his gaze to see Aurora now at the top of the grand staircase, above the crowds of dancing people. As Aurora leaned her body against the bannister of the second level, she threw the thousands of dollars she just earned up into the air and let it rain. Then, chaos took over.