Chapter 19: Day two of the retreat

Author's Note:

Characters might be out of character sometimes.

This chapter includes swearing, and might have grammatical errors.

The bonus part is not part of the chapter.

«...» - wind elements
<...> - gods
"Italic"/ Italic - flash back/record/dream

Thank you and happy reading ❤️

. . . .

As soon as they got out, Cale hurriedly went to search for Diavolo. He spotted Diavolo at the ballroom along with the others. He suddenly felt relief. He's alive.

Oh, you guys are back.

Luke ran towards Cale to hug him. Cale stealthily hid the blood on his sleeve. Luke hugged him as he gently pat his head.

'Luke must have been worried.'

Diavolo went towards them.

You're alive.

Diavolo tilted his head in confused. Everyone paused and looked at Cale as if he had gone crazy.

What do you mean by that?

Lucifer asked.

Nothing.”

Diavolo suddenly realized that something must've happened. So he decided to switch the topic to something else, asking them what happened when they were sucked inside the painting.

Only Barbatos knew about the vow. It would be a big problem if the others knew about it. They might view Cale as a threat.

Solomon then explained what happened to them. Starting from waking up next to Cale until Henry guiding them out of the labyrinth.

I see. So that's how managed to make it out of the underground labyrinth.

Cale's involvement of distracting Henry made Diavolo thought of a possibility the reason why Cale told him he's alive.

Thankfully, Solomon didn't mention the part where he caught Cale wiping the blood on his lips.

Too bad. If you'd stayed lost there for another 5000 years or so, it would've been a bit quieter and more peaceful here in Devildom.

Mammon instantly frown at Lucifer's words. Being trap in there for hours is already traumatizing, but the thought of being trap in there for exactly more than centuries is torture.

Hey! Think about how WE'D feel bein' trap down there that long! Man, that wasn't cool...

Well, in any event, it really is awful that you got caught up in this mess, Solomon.

Luke strongly agrees with Simeon's words. Awful things happen whenever you associate yourself with demons. That was his belief.

Yeah, AWFUL! Ugh, when you associate with demons, bad things happen, don't they? Truly bad things.

Luke said, nodding.

Actually, I ended up enjoying myself in a way. Sure, it was a complete accident, but I did get to go inside the rumored underground labyrinth, after all.

Cale instantly frown. Being chased by a snake was not fun at all.

Luke noticed the blood on Cale's sleeve. He wanted to ask about it but was stopped by Solomon. If the others knew about this, it would cause an uproar.