Chapter 14: There are some wounds time can't heal

Author's Note:

Characters might be out of character sometimes.

This chapter includes swearing, and might have grammatical errors.

The bonus part is not part of the chapter.

«...» - wind elements
<...> - gods
"Italic"/ Italic - flash back/record

Thank you and happy reading ❤️

. . . .

[Beel (and Belphie)'s room]

Beel, Cale. I see you're both here.”

Said Lucifer, looking around as if searching for something.

“I'm going to have a look through your room to be certain everything's in order here. But before I do, is there anything you'd like to tell me?”

Cale took a sip on his tea and smiled.

Not really, no.”

Lucifer stared at Cale, observing his reaction. However, there isn't much reaction. He doesn't know whether Cale is hiding something or not.

(A/N: Cale's acting skills ✨)

I see.”

Lucifer gaze then headed towards Beel. Seeing Beel's expression, he knows that Beel is anxious. Now he knows they are hiding something.

Cale's gaze observed Lucifer. He click his tongue when Lucifer looked at Beel as if he is reading Beel's expression.

'Shit, he notice.'

Cale cursed in his mind.

Lucifer then looks around the room, observing it. His gaze then stopped towards the closet. He felt a slight presence inside the closet.

Beel, open the closet.”

There's nothing in there but Belphie's clothes—”

Didn't you hear me? Open it.”

Cale sigh. He put his empty cup on his spacial bag and headed towards Lucifer and Beel.

Lucifer, are you suspecting us that we're something?”

Cale asked, looking at Lucifer.

If you are, I assure you. We're not hiding anything.”

Cale added. And with that, Cale opens the door, revealing the inside of the closet, where Luke is nowhere to be seen. Cale knew that.

Looks like Lilith hid Luke. I hope he's doing fine.’

Cale thought. He turned around and looked at Lucifer as if saying 'I told you, didn't I? We're not hiding anything.'

Lucifer slightly furrowed. He was sure they were hiding something and the moment Cale opened the closet he felt the presence inside it suddenly vanished. Was he wrong that they were hiding something?

Well, it seems you really aren't hiding a puppy in here. I guess it was a rumor then.”

Cale gave Lucifer a smile. Seeing Cale's smile, he suddenly felt iffy.

All right, that wraps up my inspection. Both of you make sure to go to bed early.”

Lucifer then went out.

...”

Cale's gaze headed towards Beel.

Is there something you want to say, Beel?”