Chapter 18

"It seems like your fever has fully gone down." The warm hand carefully brushed against her forehead, as his voice briefly brushed by her ear. 

"How do you feel?" Leon asked, meeting her gaze.

"...Fine." She replied.

"Hm." Leon's eyes moved onto his hand that glided down to her bare neck, gently pressing it against her skin to feel her temperature.

Cordelia incidentally met his eyes for a second time, yet she could not speak a thing. She was awkwardly stiff as his hand remained on her neck.

"It seems like the madam's fever is really gone, my lord." The physician remarked with a face full of relief.

With his bright green eyes deeply boring into hers, Leon slowly retracted his hand as he felt that his hand was lingering far too long than it should have. "Ahem." He cleared his throat.

The tension between the two was loud. It was as though something was pulling them together and apart at the same time. It was taunting the physician and the handmaidens that are present in the room with them. Glancing at each other as if wanting to leave the two alone as quickly as they can.

'The look on her face... It seems like she's having thoughts of visiting the brothel again.'

"Still," Leon trailed. "She must not go out nor move around too much until tomorrow." He said.

Cordelia quickly turned toward Leon with a perplexed expression. "B-But..."

"The physician said so." Leon gave a quick glance at the physician, as if merely sending threats in a form of a glare. "Right?"

The physician gulped in response, feeling the burning gaze pierce her head. Yet she quickly put up a smile. "Yes." She quickly agreed, nodding her head at the same time.

"A day of rest is needed, my lady, since your fever hasn't long been gone."

"See?" Leon turned back to her.

"Can I at least take a stroll around the garden—?"

"No."

Her brows softly furrowed in confusion. The soft frown that began to contort on her face that he somehow found pleasing to look at.

But Cordelia just couldn't help but wonder. 'Is it just me?' She thought to herself. 

'I think he's acting rather strange...'

'He usually doesn't give much attention to me, nor does he pry about anything I try to do. Back then, he doesn't care nor was he bothered about my whereabouts.'

"But the garden is just a few steps from here."

"Walking can also make you tired." He remarked, staring into her eyes so deeply.

'He used to not care... But he's slowly becoming the opposite of what he was.'

"The lord is right, my lady. You can take a stroll around the garden as much as you want once you are fully well. But until then, you must take your time to rest." The physician warmly spoke to her.