SECRET REVEALED(2)

AIDEN

The thought of what I had wanted to do with Elena kept playing in my head. Yes, my wish was to mark her but never to take advantage of her because that was what would have happened. 

I had darted out of the house as soon as night fell in desperate need to prevent myself from doing what I would regret, as I had no constraint on what was happening to me. 

I understood I needed to mate to take away the urges. However, even the woman I would have liked to be with wasn't ready to wed or do anything with me. 

When I told her about the wedding, it enraged her. Heck, even when I had cautioned her not to leave the house, she had been pissed, but I was doing all in my power to protect her. 

Letting her on the secret about me was a tad too difficult, and that would make her frightened and perhaps run away. However, this time to anywhere no one could trace, which would be the worst thing since J. J was in town. He wouldn't hesitate to track her down or kill anyone that prevented him from taking her. 

It had scared me shitless as I thought she was perhaps dead after I called her name and I got back no reply. I wonder what I would have done if my worst fear had been confirmed. 

I raced to my shifting room before the full moon would catch up with me. And I could feel my body painfully popping as I darted inside. 

I groaned while crouching. My muscles popped as I shifted into my wolf form.

A footstep sounded close by, and I blended into the darkness as I wondered who could be coming down there. 

No one has ever entered here, save for my packs and families. And none of the aforementioned people was around, so the only person that would be out here was Elena, as her scent said. 

As she moved closer, her scent became stronger, and I almost lost it as the great urge to pounce on her the moment she appeared flashed through me. 

She's your mate. I told myself as I tried to ignore her overwhelming scent. 

I saw the outline of a torch as she got closer. Some minutes later, she stepped into the room and used the torch to check out everywhere. 

Elena let out a loud shriek as her leg stepped on one of the dried bones I had discarded on the floor. She flew back and slammed into the wall. 

She pocketed her phone and lifted shaky hands to switch on the light she had discovered. 

Her gaze flickered around the room, and it bulged as they stayed on mine. 

She opened her mouth to say something, but nothing came out.

I growled as I imagined what would have become of her if I wasn't the one. She couldn't just stay out of trouble. Now she had come to know about this, she would give me more reasons to leave the safety of the house, which would force me to tell her about everything going on. 

She jerked, dropped her phone on the floor, and darted out of the room as I stepped toward her. 

Dear me, what is she thinking of?

Possibly, she thought, I wanted to pounce on her. That would be the only explanation as to why she ran off like that. 

I felt her wince as she dashed into the wall. Still, that didn't stop her from doing whatever she wanted to. 

I darted after her, for who knew what she would encounter while running. 

Far into the woods, another scent invaded my mind—the scent of peril. The scent didn't belong to just any werewolf. It was one of J.J.'s minions, a delta, and they were known for their great strength and fighting skills. My heartbeat quickened as I frantically searched for her smell. Luckily, it was near. Also was the scent of the wolf, which meant it had caught up with her.

Oh, gods, please… don't let anything happen to her. 

I chanted silently, gazing at the bright moon.

I came just in time to see the wolf leapt in the air and Elena's eyes shut. 

Before it could strike her, I intercepted it. The blow landed at the side of my neck, and I groaned. 

The black wolf with red eyes growled as it eyed me. He tried to move again. I intercepted it as well, and we battled together.

Elena stood there in awe, observing everything going on. She said nothing nor tried to run away. 

The fight was finally over after about some minutes.

The moment she saw me shifting, time halted for me, and there was nothing I could do to stop it from happening. 

Her eyes went round as I shifted back to my human form. She twisted so she wouldn't see me naked, and I threw on the shirt that I had dropped on the floor. 

Though I have control over my shifting, I was far too angry with myself to control myself from it tonight. 

“Hey.” I gripped her shoulder so she could look me in the eyes, but she flinched. 

“I want to go home.” She grunted.

I retracted my hands and led her back home as she demanded.

While in the house, she began to rant, which was to be my line. 

It pissed me she left the house, and at the same time, I was trying to curb the anger. 

“Just tell me who you are and why you are fucking keeping me here!” 

She shrieked while pointing her index finger at me. 

And that did it. I snapped, and something else entered into me; for I didn't know what I was doing, but I couldn't control myself from being angry at her. 

I shoved her to the door violently and pushed my hands to her neck. 

“This is me, my sweetness, and you are fated to be with me. Don't forget that you are to be my Luna!”

“Why did you leave the safety of the house to endanger yourself?” “You foolish woman!”

I flung her across the room, and she landed on the cold, tiled floor with a thud.

She winced, rubbing her butt.

“Tell me, why did you fucking leave!?”

I stalked toward her, hoisted her, and shoved her to the wall yet again.

Tears slid down her cheeks as I gripped her neck tightly. Her eyes bulged, and she choked on her spit.

I knew I was gripping her neck too tight and could kill her in the process. Still, I couldn't stop. The beast in me was controlling me, and I was letting it. 

This often happens, and that was when I was far too pissed. It was always during the full moon. I had done it once to Sienna when I thought she was seeing someone else other than me. I was that possessive, and I still was. 

She gasped as she attempted to breathe. Moreover, I felt her skin warm up at my touch. 

Her hands shot out all of a sudden. I released my grip on her and winced. 

I clutched my head with both of my hands as I shrieked out in pain. 

However, it didn't last long because I felt it subsided, and Elena collapsed on the floor. 

Despite the splitting headache I still was feeling, I yelled out her name, but I received no response. 

“Oh, gods,” I mumbled as I noticed the red liquid dribbling down her nostrils. 

I felt her pulse. I let out a sigh of relief as I noticed the faint breath there. 

I hoisted her off the floor to the bedroom, and I rubbed my palms against hers in slow motion.

Elena's lashes fluttered, and her eyes opened, only for her to fall back into a deep slumber. 

I breathed out as I pulled her to me. Then, my mind went back to what had happened. 

Did Elena have magic?