Chapter 7: Never Meant to Hurt You

Stefan's POV
"Greg? What are you doing here? How are you here?" I ask in curiosity. He looks at me and says in sarcasm "Good to see you to Stefan! It's been four years and that's all you have to say to me?" I say "Sorry. Hi Greg, how have you been?" And he says "Good and you?" I answer "Perfect. Now how are you here?"

I turn to Gabby and I ask "I thought you said you didn't tell anybody?" And she says in defense "I didn't tell anyone." Greg says "She didn't. Unlike everyone else, I knew she was up to something so I followed her, and I followed her all the way to you. It's been a while little brother."

I say "Yeah, it has. No one knows about me do they? Or you following Gabby?" He gives me a stern look and says "No! All they know is that I was going out of town for a bit. Things have been crazy since you left." I ask "How's Damon?" And he says "A little better now." I nod my head.

I see Freya and Jay looking at us and I say "Um, Greg, this is my buddy, Jason and my girlfriend, Freya." They smile and say "Hey!" Greg smiles back and says "Hey." I say "Thanks for helping us out with Silas." He says "You're welcome!"

Jay says "Yeah, speaking of which, we should probably get out of here before he gains consciousness." We all nod our heads in agreement. We run outside and get in our vehicles and drive away, back to my place.

When we get there, we all sit on the couch and sit in awkward silence. Travis says "Well, this is awkward." Savannah hits him on the shoulder and I ask Greg and Gabby "So, how's life back in Mystic Falls? Is it better now that all the supernatural drama is over?" They nod their heads.

They then look at each other, obviously hiding something from me. I ask "What? What is it?" And Greg says "Well, Ric is back and he got married and had twins." I look at them completely and utterly shocked. I ask "What? Ric's back? How? When?"

Gabby says "Well, there had to be a way to get rid of the travelers after they did their spell, so we got them all in one place and we caused an accident which is how they died. And since Bonnie was the anchor, when they all went through her, everyone dead was able to come back through her even Alaric."

I look at them shocked along with Freya and Jason. Jason says "Well, Mystic Falls is sounding more and more interesting by the minute." I say "Trust me Jay, no good comes from there. It's not as awesome as it sounds." Greg and Gabriella look at me, upset and shocked.

Greg says "You know after you left, all Damon did was blame himself for you leaving. He felt awful." I ask "But, he doesn't anymore, right?" Greg raises his voice "That's not even the point! You didn't give us a proper goodbye!"

I raise my voice, too "Yeah, well if I did, you would have stopped me! And I wanted to leave, I needed to leave! None of you showed me any kind of sympathy or respect after the hell I went through! Any!" Greg shouts while standing "HOW?"

I shout, standing up too "WELL, LET'S START WITH HOW I WAS DROWNING AND MISSING FOR THREE FREAKING MONTHS, NONE OF YOU BOTHERED TO EVEN CARE OR LOOK FOR ME. YOU ONLY STARTED TO LOOK FOR ME WHEN SILAS SAID SOMETHING. AND OH YEAH, HOW ABOUT WHEN I LOST MY MEMORY YOU AND DAMON SNAPPED MY NECK OVER AND OVER AGAIN JUST SO YOU COULD GIVE SILAS HIS POWERS BACK. AND OH, HERE'S A GREAT ONE. WHEN I DID GET MY MEMORIES BACK, ALL OF YOU MADE SOME SORT OF FUN PLANS AND LIED TO ME ABOUT IT AND DIDN'T EVEN INVITE ME. JUST LEFT ME OUT IN THE COLD LIKE ALWAYS. SO, YOU TELL ME GREG; HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF YOU WERE EVER BETRAYED BY THE PEOPLE YOU CARED ABOUT AND THOUGHT, THEY CARED FOR YOU TOO, JUST TO FIND OUT, THEY NEVER CARED AT ALL, HUH?" Greg and Gabriella look at me shocked, yet guilty and they look down.

I spat "Yeah, just as I thought! Now, both of you just get the hell out of my house." They look at me shocked and hurt and just like me they look like they're about to cry. Gabby says "We wanted to invite you, it's just- well- Elena and Damon-" I interrupt her crying angry and hurt tears "I already knew it was them! And I don't want to hear it again! You let them leave me in dark! Now please, get out."

They shed a few tears and Ashley says in a soft tone "Come on you guys, let's go." She helps Gabriella up and Greg gets up on his own and says to me "I'm very sorry Stefan. None of us meant to hurt you." I scoff "Yeah, so I apparently heard, but you did, so please leave." My siblings look at me, nodding their heads in understanding.

They leave along with Gabby's friends and I cry a little. I sit back down on the couch and put my face in my hands, crying harder. I feel arms wrap around my waist and I feel another hand on my shoulder. I see Freya has her arms around my waist comforting me and Jay has his hand on my shoulder also trying to comfort me.

Freya pulls me into a hug and lets me cry on her shoulder. I do and she says "It's okay. Everything will be fine. You'll see." I know she is just saying that to make me feel better, but I let her say it anyway because she is right, it will all be better.

I pull out of my thoughts, realizing that is not our biggest problem right now. Silas is. So, I shake the thoughts of what just happened away. I pull away from Freya and say "Okay, let's forget about that. We have bigger fish to fry, like Silas. Obviously, he is still a witch, so he should be easy to kill, right?"

Freya says "Maybe. Let's hope, but we have to come up with a plan first." I say "Agreed." We talk some things over and get to planning. Eventually, we get the perfect Idea. Freya goes home and gets some rest and me and Jay head to bed, too. Tomorrow is the day when Silas dies yet again.