Chapter 7 'Andrew and Juliet'

I was actually on time for my second day of school. I managed to not sleep through all of my alarms and arrive before the first bell even rang, but of course, my good luck couldn't continue.

     I had just entered the school, my phone in one hand, and a granola bar in the other when someone yelled out to me.

     "Addison, hey!"

     They startled me so badly that I dropped my granola bar completely and just about threw my phone in the air. My heart was racing.

     I slowly turned my head around, my hands clutched to my chest, to see Xavier standing behind me with wide eyes, looking completely shocked and horrified. Cecelia and Hunter were standing behind him laughing silently at my reaction and leaning on each other for support. 

     "Good morning," I said in a breathless whisper as I took a few deep breaths to regain my composer.

     "I'm so sorry - I didn't mean - I - I mean -" Xavier stuttered wildly as he tried to apologize and kept falling over his words.

     "Well that was the highlight of my day," Cecelia laughed even more as she and Hunter stepped forward to greet me. "Morning, Addie."

     "If you weren't aware before you definitely will be now," Hunter smiled. 

     "It's ok," I said to Xavier who still looked shocked and confused. "I'm just not a morning person and wasn't expecting anyone to talk to me this early," I mean it was half and joke and half the truth. 

     "Neither am I," Cecela agreed. "But these two really are, so you better get used to that otherwise you'll be dead by the end of the week from heart attacks."

     The bell for class rang before I could really say anything else.

     "See you at lunch," I said before turning on my heel to go to English class.

     "Wait!" Xavier yelled. "Let me walk you to English class. I mean, it's only your second day here, I don't want you to get lost and end up late again."

     "Oh," I said completely surprised. "Um, it's fine. Grayson showed me the way yesterday and it's not a very big school either, I'll be alright, Thanks though, it's super sweet of you." I gave him a soft smile as I spoke. It was really kind of him to offer, I'm sure that Grayson told him yesterday about how I got lost and ended up showing up late for my first class. But this high school is tiny compared to my last one, I'm sure that I could find my way around it with my eyes closed. 

     Xavier's face seemed to drop at my words like he was actually sad that I knew my way around already? Ok, weirdo.

     "Guess I'll see you at lunch then. I hope that your morning classes are good," he smiled at me, pushing the weird sad look from his face.