Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"You sure this is alright?" Kade asked, smoothing my hair back from my face.

"I mean, yeah." I shrugged, turning to look up at him. "My dad is asleep. I sleep with my door locked anyways so he wouldn't think anything of it if he noticed."

"You do? Why?" Kade frowned.

"I dunno, he's always got soccer guys over or whatever and I just, I like having my privacy." I told him, trailing my hand down his chest and stomach.

Kade nodded, leaning forwards to kiss me.

My phone started ringing but we both ignored it, too focused on kissing each other to care about anything else.

It stopped ringing for about a minute before starting again.

"What the fuck." I groaned, rolling over to pick it up. "It's your sister."

"Jess?" Kade frowned.

"Hello?" I answered, leaning away from Kade.

"Hey I'm coming over." Jesse told me, sounding like she was crying. "Like, I'm here. I'm at your window but it's locked. Let me in?"

"Jesse it's the middle of the night." I laughed. "Basically morning."

"Bella, please let me in." She let out a full sob, sounding desperate. "Please."

I sighed, getting up from the bed.

I pulled Kade by his ankles and he stood up with a frown, holding up his arms.

I put my finger over my lips, pointing at the phone and then at the window.

'Here??' he mouthed, pulling his shorts up his legs.

I nodded, gesturing towards my closet.

Kade grabbed his things before shutting himself in my closet.

I hung up on Jesse as I opened up my window.

She instantly climbed in, sniffling and crying and everything in between.

"Girl, what's going on?" I frowned, pulling a sweatshirt over my head.

"Nick dumped me." She cried, immediately climbing into my bed. "For someone else."

"That bastard!" I exclaimed, stepping into some sweatpants before sitting down next to her. "When?"

"Like twenty minutes ago." Jesse pressed her face into my pillow and let out a groan. "How could he do this?"

"Because he's a high school boy." I said softly, gently rubbing her back. "They suck."

"They do suck." She sobbed, shaking her head in the pillow. "He said he loved me..."

"Yeah, well, they do that." I told her, still rubbing her back.

Jesse turned to face me, her eyes puffy and bloodshot, her nose running, and her face all blotchy.

"Why doesn't he love me? I mean, I did everything he wanted, I had sex with him, I let him..." Jesse started crying too hard to finish talking.

"Hey hey hey." I sighed, pushing her hair back from his face. "This is no reflection on you."

"But he..."

"But he sucks. Because he's seventeen years old and thinks with his penis." I said honestly, still trying to make something of her hair. "You are everything a man would want, but Nick is just a boy who doesn't know anything."