13- Throne Without Faith (1)

DAPHNE

I climb up the stairs with anger...so much anger. Ugh! I want to punch Dagon. How dare he?! He wanted to mark me for goodness sake!

I make it to my door without breathing fire. Just then, my arm is grabbed and I'm flipped around.

"What do you want?!" I say harshly. When I see the person who stops me is Dagon, I glare at him. I should have been harsher.

"Are you upset?"

I scoff. That's really all he can say after what just happened?!

"Let me go right now!"

"No. I'm talking to you"

"I don't want to talk to you. Ever. You lied to my face and I believed you. I believed you" I chuckle bitterly at how foolish I was.

"You realize I had no choice" he mutters.

Had no choice? Bull!! And his annoying face looks so unfazed. Like he did nothing wrong.

"I can't believe you're standing there looking like you didn't do a thing! I wish I never freed you, at least if you were locked up in that damn cage this wouldn't be happening!"

I snatch my hand back from him or maybe his grip loosened. I open my door and walk in, shutting it loudly. He is so annoying! I groan loudly.

"I am so pissed!" I groan. I settle down on the couch and pull on my hair lightly. My head starts pounding and I sigh. This is all Dagon's fault.

DAGON

I pace back and forth in my study, clenching my fists. This is infuriating. Why is she even mad? Because I made a stupid promise and almost broke it?

And that look she gave me in the meeting room-hope that I wouldn't mark her, disappointment when I wanted to-irritates me.

"You should have just let her go" Marilla says bursting into my office. I release a breath.

"We had a deal, I haven't helped her find out the truth" I say between clenched jaws. I really do not wish to talk about this.

"Who cares?! Dagon, just send Daphne away"

"I can't, Kaida likes her and she's good for her. She considers Daphne as someone she can bond with." I state.

"But Alma can bond with her, even I can!"

I raise my brows, is she serious?

"You?" I try not to laugh. "...since Kaida arrived you have never tried to be close to her, she doesn't even know you yet she fears you and like I said Kaida is attached to Daphne"

"Is it Kaida who's attached to Daphne or are you?"

What? I look at her with wide eyes. Why would she even say that?

"Don't look so surprised, Dagon, I'm not stupid neither am I blind. I followed you to the forest when you rushed out of the ball to save her."

Huh??

"I saw how you gave her your blood, how you held her in your arms. How you soothed her" I hear her voice break.

"She was injured, what was I supposed to do?!"

"What about us? Since she's arrived you've only ever slept with me once!"

This makes no sense!

"I have been busy and you know Kaida can't sleep without me"

She groans loudly in frustration.

"It's always about Kaida or Daphne. What about me?!"

"Marilla, I care about you believe me I-"