Shopping.

"Excuse me what?" I exclaim in pure shock.

"Oh shit I gotta go, someone's coming, bye" she rushes and hangs up leaving me in my shell shocked state.

Wow that guy has got some serious balls.

I have to admit, I have tried escaping the facility a few times and unfortunately I've always failed because there's really no where you can run because of the ocean so I'm positive that Killian had a lot of help escaping that shit hole.

The lucky bastard better pray to God we don't live in the same county or city or else I'll decapitate him.

I suddenly get the urge to clean my room but unfortunately I can't since my left arm is practically paralyzed so I just lay there staring at the ceiling with an empty stomach dreading to go downstairs for breakfast all because of a stupid misunderstanding that happened last night.

God! If only I were still at the facility I would've been sitting by the ocean right now just staring at it and wondering where I went wrong. It's funny to think that when I was at the facility I dreaded everyday I spent in it but now that I'm home, I find myself constantly thinking about my time back there and surprisingly missing some parts of it.

How hypocritic of me, I know.

At least if I wasn't home last night I wouldn't have known that mom has cancer. The thought of it makes a huge lump form in my throat but I push it down.

And once again speak of the devil and he shall appear or in this case she and the she being my mom.

She knocks slightly and without even waiting for my permission barges in with a tray of food in her hands and a wide smile on her face as if I hadn't just seen her breaking down last night.

"I had a feeling you weren't coming down for breakfast so I decided to bring it up to you" she chirp's but I ignore her and just keep looking at the plane white ceiling above me, she doesn't acknowledge that or if she did she just shrugs it off while setting it down on the bedside table before she lays down directly besides me while also looking up at the ceiling.

"I also have a feeling you're not talking to me" she sighs and I try my best not to roll my eyes and just remain silent and she sighs again.

"I'm sorry about last night, I shouldn't have reacted like that" she apologies and a sudden pang of guilt hits me as I slowly turn my face to look at her. I wasn't angry at her for her reaction last night, heck I'm not even angry at her for anything. Last night I asked the wrong question and she totally went cold  on me and now I just don't wanna say something she doesn't like again.

"I'm not mad at you" I let out slowly as if trying to get my words to register in her brain more clearly and she also turns to face me.

"You're not?" She asks in disbelief and I simply nod my head causing a smile to break out on her face.

"Oh thank God" she exclaims and all but jumps off the bed, I sit up and give her a weird look and she shakes her head at me the smile still plastered on her face.

"I was just worried I'd hurt your feelings" she sighs at the look I give her and sits back down.

I a look at her, the words I'm about to say hanging heavily on my tongue.

"Mom, this might be a hard topic for you but it's just as hard for me so please, tell me..." I pause making my face as serious as possible.

"How bad is it?".

"It's not that serious, the doctor says after a few weeks of chemo I'll be fine" she says giving me an assuring smile.

Mom doesn't know it but she has a really big tell, her eyebrows go up whenever she's lying and she doesn't do a really good job at hiding it, but I'm just gonna go with it, I don't want to upset her again, as much as her withholding the truth from me hurts.