Chapter 45 - December 18, 2016

When I was first jolted out of sleep I wasn't sure why. That was until I noticed that I was extremely cold.

And wet.

With Nat standing over my bed with a bucket it was only plausible to assume that she had dumped water on me to wake me up.

Because of my rude awakening it took me a minute to get my mind together before my thoughts began to spiral.

Wanda wasn't in the bed with me which was good because she wasn't wet, but that led to two alternatives that, in my opinion, were much worse.

The first was that she had upheld her past pattern; waking up early and fleeing my room before anyone saw her.

The second was that it didn't happen; just some terrifyingly real dream brought on by stress and sleeping pills.

"Your girlfriend's in the bathroom" Nat spoke, making me jump as I widened my eyes at her.

"She's..."

My sentence trailed off. Was she my girlfriend? I shook off the thoughts and my gaze fell to the bucket. "Why'd you wake me up like that?"

"Training all day, remember?" Nat reminded me and I pursed my lips, recalling the motorcycle debacle that seemed so far away in my mind.

"It's five degrees outside, what if you killed me?"

"You'd be fine" Nat waved off and another head poked into the room.

"She tried to wake me up like that too but my training came in handy."

I grunted a bit before peeling myself out of the wet blankets, my face scrunched in disgust. "Alright, I'll be down. Do I at least get a shower?"

"Nope, you can warm up during training" Nat smirked, patting my shoulder before heading out of the room, calling back "be there in ten minutes or you have to run laps around the compound."

I huffed, trying to think warm thoughts as I shuffled to my dresser, shakily grabbing a pair of clothes and hastily changing before sitting on my bed and pulling my socks on. Before I could bend down to grab one of my shoes, a pair of arms wrapped around my torso.

"Good morning" Wanda said softly, pushing her face into the back of my neck.

"You let Nat wake me with cold water" I said, turning to face her as I pouted. She chuckled and cupped my cheeks.

"How will you ever forgive me?"

"I don't think I can," I mumbled, already gravitating toward her.

"That's a shame" she whispered as her lips met mine. It seems that overnight I had forgotten how much I was addicted to kissing Wanda as my heart sped up, my stomach flipping as our lips moved together.

When we pulled away it took me a second to remember how to breathe, my head cloudy and unfocused.

"Don't you have to train with Nat?" Wanda questioned as I pulled her back in.

"I have time."

"Ollie, Ms. Romanoff told me to inform you that you have five laps around the compound, and that it will be another five if you are not down in fifteen seconds" JARVIS announced from the ceiling

"You do not," Wanda laughed, pushing me gently. I huffed but quickly slid on my shoes, leaning in and pecking the brunette quickly on the lips before using a combination of phasing and speed to get downstairs.

"Alright, five laps" Nat ordered and I shivered involuntarily as I looked outside, the frost of the ground not boding well for me.

"I'll freeze to death" I protested, wrapping my arms around myself, deathly aware of my exposed arms and legs.

"Then you should have come down instead of kissing your girlfriend, now let's go." Nat said, no pity in her voice. All over a bike, huh?

"Snitches end up in ditches, JARVIS" I yelled before shaking out my body and starting at a jog towards the door that led outside.

"I do not have a body, therefore that threat does not apply to me" JARVIS responded and I held my middle finger up to the ceiling.

"Fuck you you stupid toaster."