Chapter 35

Henry POV

I really wanted to stay with my daughter and make sure that she was okay, but I needed to talk to Owen.

I knew that Gabriel would take great care of her. I trusted my son, and I knew that Aria trusted him as well. I could see their bond growing, and I knew that Aria felt safe with him, maybe even more than she did with me. I knew that the only father figure she ever had hurt her, and I knew that it would be hard for her to trust me right away, but I would make her see that I was nothing like that fucker. I was glad that she had Gabriel. I was glad that she wasn’t alone. I was glad that she had someone to comfort her until she was ready to come to me.

My phone rang as I was walking down the stairs. I pulled it out of my pocket and saw that it was Julian.

“How is she?” he asked as soon as I picked up.

“She is okay, Julian.” I said. “Did you see her chart?”

“Oh, I did.” he said angrily. “I will kill the fucker. Where is he?”

“Jail.” I said as I sat down on the couch.

Owen sat down opposite me. I put the phone on speaker and placed it on the coffee table between us.

“He just asked to see Aria.” I continued. “He said that he would tell us who kidnapped her if we let him see her.”

“No.” Julian said immediately. “He can go fuck himself. He won’t go near her ever again.”

“I said the same thing.” I sighed. “I asked Owen to let me talk to him.”

I glanced at Owen, who took a deep breath and ran his fingers through his hair.

“I’m coming with you.” Julian said.

“I didn’t say yes.” Owen spoke for the first time. “I’m afraid that Henry will kill him.”

I sighed and rolled my eyes. I did want to kill the fucker, but I wasn’t a complete idiot. I would never do anything that would separate me from my daughter again.

“It’s a justified fear, Owen.” Julian chuckled darkly. “You should be afraid that I will kill him too.”

“We won’t kill him.” I said, clenching my fists. “I won’t do anything that will separate me from my daughter again.”

Owen looked at me and nodded.

“I know.” Owen said. “That is the only reason why I’m going to let you in.”

My eyes widened.

“Really?” Julian asked instead of me.

Owen glanced at my phone before looking back up at me.

“Yes.” he nodded. “I’m thinking that maybe seeing Henry will anger them and that they will let something slip.”

I tightened my jaw and nodded.

“I’m going in there too.” Julian practically growled.

“Do you want him there, Henry?” Owen asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

I wasn’t sure if I wanted him there, but I was keeping his niece away from him. The least I could do was let him come with me.

“Yes.” I nodded. “It’s okay. Julian can come.”

“Okay.” Owen nodded, looking down at my phone. “Meet us at the station in 15 minutes.”

Julian hung up the phone, and I put it back into my pocket.

“Let me just tell my kids that I’m leaving.” I said, turning around and walking back upstairs.

I opened Aria’s bedroom door. She and Gabriel were hugging. Gabriel was rocking her softly, kissing the top of her head repeatedly.

My heart grew double.

“Hey, guys.” I said softly, making both of them look up at me.

I walked closer to them, wrapping them both in a hug.

“I will go down to the station with Owen.” I said, giving them a small smile. “I will be back soon. Will you be okay alone?”

“Of course, dad.” Gabriel said, smiling at me.

“Is everything okay?” Aria asked worriedly.

“Of course, baby.” I said, smiling at her. “Don’t worry about anything. Spend some time with your brother. I will be back soon, and we can make lunch together. Gabriel will watch, of course.”

I winked at Aria, making her chuckle. Gabriel rolled his eyes.

“I will see you soon, guys.” I said as I placed a kiss on both of their foreheads.

I stood up reluctantly. I really wanted to stay here with my kids. I really wanted to stay with my baby and enjoy her presence.
I gave them another small smile and left the room.

Owen was already waiting for me in his car.

“Are you okay?” he asked as soon as I sat down.

“Yes.” I nodded. “I don’t want to leave her alone.”

“Gabriel is with her.” Owen said as he started to drive away. “She will be okay.”

“I know that.” I sighed. “I would just rather spend time with my daughter than those fuckers.”

“You are the one who insisted on talking to them, Henry.” Owen said, glancing at me. “You don’t have to do this. You can go back home to your daughter.”

He was wrong. I had to do it. I had to find out what the fuckers knew.

We were in front of the station in less than 10 minutes. Owen was driving like a madman. I guess not having anyone to pull you over had its benefits.

Julian was already there. He was waiting for us, leaning on the hood of his car.

I stepped out of the car, and Julian walked over to me. He pulled me into a tight hug.

“We finally have her back.” he mumbled.

“We do.” I said as I hugged him back.

He let me go and looked at Owen.

“Take us to them.” Julian said sternly.

Owen nodded and started walking toward the station.

I took a deep breath and followed him inside. I needed to control myself and stay calm because I really, really wanted to kill them.

I glanced at Julian. His fists were clenched, and his jaw was tightened. He looked ready to kill.

“Will you be okay in there?” I asked him quietly.

He glanced at me and nodded.

“I want to look into their eyes and ask them how could they hurt her.” he said through his teeth. “I want to ask them how the fuck could they hurt my little girl.”

I took another deep breath and focused on Owen.

I knew that Julian would be even more pissed off when he saw her and when he saw just how much she looked like Jo.
I was just hoping that Julian would understand that she is not Jo. I wouldn’t want to have that talk with him. I wouldn’t like to break his heart like that again. He never got over Jo, and I wasn’t sure what seeing Aria would do to him. I wasn’t sure how he would react or what he would do.

I clenched my fists and forced myself to stop thinking about Julian. I would deal with that later.

I needed to focus on the fuckers who hurt my daughter. I needed to get some sort of information out of them. I needed to make sure that my daughter was safe. I needed to make sure that there wasn’t anyone out there who would hurt her or take her away from me again.

_____________________________________________

Hi guys! 😁

Whose POV would you like to read next? Gabriel about his time alone with Aria, or Henry about the talk with Mark and Rose?

Have a wonderful day!