Thirteen

Dido - Life For Rent

~

"GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY CAR." The proud asshole tells me.

Despite the trepidation that settles like mist on my pores, I do not regret what I said to him. Since he was giving all his workers undeserved leaves to put a pile of work on my head, he should have as well fired his god-damn driver.

I look at him through the rearview mirror, shocked to the marrow that he would actually leave me in the streets of...where are we again?

Toronto, Ontario.

I saw the huge signboard.

One of the most famous cities in Canada.

It was kinda absurd, me expecting him to reside in such a quiet town as Markham. Rich people seldom live in uneventful towns. Toronto however, suits the businessman life perfectly.

I was annoyed at the fact that he didn't tell me he doesn't live in Markham, but to be honest, I don't really care much about what city he stays in. Toronto is a pretty cool place anyways.

Instead of overthinking his city of residence, I was too occupied thinking about something else that he did. The papers scandal. My brain wheels seized so much in thought, I got exhausted and accidentally fell asleep.

And then I woke up to him bossing me around like a dog.

I'm pissed at him.

He deceived me. I thought that when I signed the contract, he wouldn't publish anything that happened in the hospital or even involve The Press. I was wrong; I assumed. How could I be so stupid? I didn't see anything like that in the contract. I should have asked.

I scoff and get out of his car, before slamming the door with the anger burning my cuticles.

Before he drives off, he oh-so-nicely drops the address to his cursed palace.

I couldn't hear him over the blood thrumming in my eardrums.

I look around me, feeling the cold slap my skin without mercy.

How do I find my way around Toronto? I know nothing about this place and I left all my stuff in his car, wallet included.

Mon Dieu, how did I come to this? I was planning a vacation in The Maldives with my runaway sister, Arlene, few months ago. Now, I'm working for the rudest man on Earth for six whole months without pay...or leave.

I don't know where to start from; I'm so fucking confused...and to make matters worse, I'm also wearing this useless sleeveless gown in the chilly evening.

I feel tears stain my cheeks as I squat and sit on the sidewalk, hugging my sides to myself and rubbing furiously.

The ball in my throat keeps maximizing as I shed tears like Azula did after Katara defeated her. Her crazed mantras before her defeat is exactly how all the jam-packed thoughts in my head are currently sounding to me at the moment.