04. weary excitement

04 | "We used to be such good friends

04 | "We used to be such good friends. It's a shame that time makes such a deep wound."

These days, Heeseung has been looking more tired than normal

These days, Heeseung has been looking more tired than normal. Sometimes, he'll be sleeping during our student council meetings and class. On some days, he'd miss class and sleep in the council room by himself, trying to catch up on all the hours he's missed. I find it concerning, but I don't know if Heeseung would want me to care about him in the first place.

If it isn't that serious, then I will use it against him. Today, we just finished our unit test for math. I have every intention of breaking the score and finally getting one win after many months of struggle.

But, if this fatigue is breaking him apart, then I won't count it. If the severity is high, I wouldn't use that against him. Who knows? Maybe he's hurting.

Maybe he deserves it. No, Hayoon, don't say that. Nobody deserves harm. Unless he truly deserves it- No, nobody.

"Alright class," The teacher announces, hands on her hips. "You'll get your test scores if you come by later today. For now, you're allowed to talk amongst yourselves until the lunch bell rings. Then, you may dismiss yourselves. Thank you."

I shoot up, giggling slightly. Raising my hands to the air as a way of stretching, Sunoo strolls over quickly. "So, how was it for you, Prez?"

"It wasn't that hard. I knew all the material, and I can proudly say I didn't struggle," I place my hands on my hips with a proud smile. However, noticing that Heeseung hasn't made his way over to me to pick at my every comment, I turn around. There he was, snoozing his life away. His glasses sit next to him, folded perfectly with the lenses sitting up. I try to not make it too noticeable to Sunoo that I was looking at Heeseung, so I play it off by stretching my hips. "How about you, Sunoo? How do you think you did?"

"I think this was the hardest unit yet, Hayoon," He rubs his brow, obviously stressed. Sunoo groans, remembering something. "On that note, I think I forgot to use the right formula. If the class continues to be this much of a struggle, I'm not sure if I'll pass!"