Chapter 21: Fighting talk

"You're gonna make it worse if you rub it."

"That was fucked up." Jasper says as he approaches the table. He pulls out a chair and sits opposite Thomas.

"You're telling me? I nearly had tits in my face." Thomas laughs. The last time I was that close to boobs was when my gran hugged me when I was 9."

"Not that, this." Jasper gestures between the pair of them. "Do you realise how dangerous your stupid games are? We are not children."

"Woah, hang on." Thomas sits up a little straighter in his seat. "Don't play the innocent card with me. You are just as foolish. Are you forgetting that you pushed me against the wall at the house and manhandled me."

"We were alone. We weren't in company." Jasper bites back.

"Makes no difference. Don't forget, you have more to lose than me. I've already lost. I don't have you." Thomas gets up from the table and walks around to Jasper. He looks down at his face as Jasper looks up at him. His brown eyes have that vulnerability about them, making Thomas cave in a little. "I'm sorry I pushed your buttons too far. I'll clean myself up and I'll go." He then heads for the bathroom in order to remove some of the ice-cream from his trousers.

Jasper is left alone. A moment to think about the evening. How he really felt about Thomas' flirtations. How it felt to see him gaze into the eyes of another. He didn't like it, even if it was pretend. But he didn't really have to think too hard because he knew what it meant. He was still in love with him, he still wanted him, to the point of risking it all. Thomas had a hold over his heart like no other had ever done. Not even Beth. But she was carrying his child. Things were a mess. He balls a fist and slams it on the table before getting up from his seat.

He makes his way towards the bathroom. The door is slightly ajar. Jasper watches through the gap as he sees Thomas take a wet flannel to his crotch, hunched over, trying to rid the chocolate stain from the material. "Let me lend you some of my jeans." Jasper says with amusement as he pushes the door open a fraction wider.

"It's fine. Your jeans are not my style." Thomas argues, glancing up, before carrying on.

Jasper takes a step forwards and grabs at Thomas' wrist, which was holding the cloth. "You're gonna make it worse if you rub it. Here." He takes the flannel from Thomas' grasp and rinses it under the tap with fresh water. You need to pat it out."

"And you're gonna do it for me huh?" Thomas says with an air of sarcasm. "Any excuse to touch my cock and you say I'm the tease."

"Just take them off." Jasper huffs, already tired of the tension between them.

Thomas sighs as he undoes the button and pulls down the fly. "I still don't wear underwear by the way. Just so you know." He lets the weight of the material gravitate towards the floor. "Only on formal occasions."

Jasper shakes his head. "Just pass me the damn trousers." He holds out a hand, purposely looking away from what he knew was a wonderful sight that he dared not indulge himself in. Soon the feel of the garment was in his hand. Jasper pulls the trousers around to assess the damage, resting them on the edge of the sink.

Thomas watches Jasper in silence briefly before taking in the small space. "You know, if we were both single, this would be a prime opportunity."

"For what?" Jasper says only half listening as he diligently patted the ice cream stain.

"You know what for. For a quick one. A quick fuck... or a blow, or whatever you want." Thomas says with a giggle.

"Do you ever stop?" Jasper complains. "Enough already."

"I'm just saying." Thomas shrugs, "I mean..." He opens up the cabinet above the toilet. "You even have condoms.... But no lube."

"I don't need lube. Not with Beth." Jasper says dismissively. "And I don't need you saying stuff like that to me. I've already told you, you've pushed it too far."

"And I have corrected you and said 'we'. We are both guilty of crossing the line." Thomas adds.

"Enough!" Jasper turns all of a sudden to face Thomas. "There's crossing the line and there's crossing the line. You shouldn't have told me you still love me. You said you were just gonna be a friend."

"I'm trying. It's more difficult than I thought. You are right there in front of me, like a forbidden fruit I cannot eat. You shouldn't have told me you love me back. As soon as I told you, you should have walked away, but you kissed me." Thomas retaliates.

"You caught me off guard. I was weak."

"That's your problem. You look strong, but your mind is weak." Thomas snorts.

"Well you shouldn't have teased me." Jasper retaliates. "If you know my weaknesses, you shouldn't have pushed me."

"You said you liked it. It's you who pulled my dick!" Thomas says, his voice getting a little raised.

"I'll fucking pull it again if you don't shut up." Jasper bites back. He drops the trousers onto the floor as he gets into Thomas's face, making the other take a step back.

Thomas can feel a rush of adrenaline in his system. He looks into Jasper's eyes full of fire, now so close. He lets a small curl tug at the corner of his mouth. "Do it." He dares to say with a wicked smile. "I dare you..."