Chapter 27

Air travel is the most relaxing yet most tiring form of travelling. Sitting up cranked in a space for five to eight hours at a stretch, only getting up to use the washroom and have nothing to see outside the window apart from the clouds, is a task.

Mehek had spent the initial part of her journey staring outside the window at the night life of Mumbai but as the flight moved ahead the lights faded and she had no choice but to shut the window and look at her screen.

Jigar who was patiently sitting beside her had eventually selected a movie and had begun playing.

Mehek, too, found a movie and began watching it. A little over an hour later the flight attendants came up with the meals and the couple accepted theirs. Jigar was about to begin eating while looking at his movie when Mehek pulled the cord of his headphones.

Shocked he looked at her only to find her scowling at him.

" What is the matter?", He asked.

" I called you twice. You were busy with your movie so I pulled you out."

He sighed and urged her to continue.

" I'm getting bored."

" So you pull my headphones?", He responded irritated.

" No. I want to talk."

" Could have tapped on my shoulder to seek attention.", He scowled.

" Oh that. I thought this was more fun.", She shrugged annoying him more.

Jigar closed his eyes counted until ten and opened his eyes. " Mehek, how can I entertain you?"

" By talking with me."

" Anything else?"

" No.", She shrugged.

Jigar grabbed his headphones back from her and put them around his neck. He looked at her and said, " First you apologise for pulling the headphones then I'll talk."

He put the headphones back on his ears and Mehek huffed in annoyance.

She tapped on his shoulder once, he didn't respond, again and this time he looked at her.

He removed the headphones and looked at her expectantly while she simply grabbed the headphones again and put them by her side.

" Now, let's talk."

Jigar sighed and he urged her to start eating her food. She complied and together they had food while having some conversations in between.

After the meal, the flight still had around two hours for landing at Abu Dhabi airport. Mehek leaned and made her head comfortable seated on Jigar's shoulder.

Jigar put his arm around her shoulder making themselves comfortable. He was staring at her screen while she played with the comforter around them.

" What were you watching?", He asked.

" The Knight rises."

" Batman?", He was a bit baffled by her choice.

" Yes."

" I never took you for a superhero fanatic.", He chuckled.

She moved out of his grasp and looked at him with narrowed eyes, " I love superhero films. Infact I have watched all the Iron man and Spider man plus Avengers and Batman movies."

" Oh, oh forgive me madam!" Jigar raised his hands in surrender.

Mehek laughed at him, " You should learn your lesson. Never judge a book by it's cover."

Jigar nodded, " I have not watched this Batman. You tell me what has happened so far and I'll watch the remaining movie with you."

Mehek smiled and told him the story so far. They made an arrangement for the two of them to watch the movie together.

As childish as it sounds, the two started the movie at same time and paused or rewind when any one moved ahead.

It was a fun way of watching a movie together and passing the next two hours of flight and finally they landed at Abu Dhabi airport.

The layover was thankfully of three hours and they spent the time moving around the airport. In the last one hour they finally settled down on their places at the boarding gate.

Mehek had grown tired of the journey yet it was far from being finished. She had leaned on the chair and was staring at what Jigar was doing. Jigar noticed her actions and leaned closer to her, allowing her better access.

She saw him reply to texts and send an information message to both the parents. He was responsible and she was irresponsible in her tiredness.

Thankfully, ths boarding was announced and they stood up to get on this plane with longer journey.

Ten hours later the couple was well arrived in Zurich, Switzerland. They completed the emigration process and moved to catch the train.

They were not staying in Zurich ar the moment. They had to go to Zermatt, a place which is the base station for Matterhorn glaciers.

They dragged the luggage to the railway station and waited for the train to arrive. It was fortunately, scheduled after every half hour and they had ten minutes to wait.

The couple was busy admiring the sleek station and tracks, also the occasional trains arriving. It was quite a different sight from the usual trains for Jigar while Mehek said, " I used to visit Mumbai during childhood and I loved trains and watching them. I used to ask Mumma to take me to the station to see trains."

Jigar chuckled.

Mehek had a reminiscing smile on her face. She was lost in the beautiful memories of her childhood.

Jigar looked at her and smiled. She really did love trains. " Well, you will be living in the city whose trains are famous throughout the country."

She laughed and hit him playfully, " And eventually my fascination will wear off. That time I don't know how I will drive in that dreadful traffic."

Jigar laughed aloud at that, " Driving in Mumbai is no less than a nightmare with that awful traffic. But you will live with it."

A train arrived at the track in front of them and they checked that it was the one they were waiting for. They dragged the luggage and boarded the train. A couple hours and they would finally be in their hotel room, enjoying their vacation aka honeymoon.