Chapter 6

Callies pov
I heard Arizonas bedroom door slam. I know her behavior was being she was hurting, but I couldn't help but feel hurt too. I left her, but I still love her.

I sat on the couch, and tears began to slowly drip down my eyes. I saw Sofias door open, but when she looked at me, she went back in her room and I heard the muffled sounds of her tablet.

As hours passed, I stayed in the same spot. Nobody moved. As sad and hurt as I was, a warm feeling began to surround my heart aggressively. My family was all under the same roof and in Seattle. Just then, I heard Arizonas bed creak and then the shower turn on. The sudden noise brought me out of my blur of emotion and my mind nagar to run in a million different directions.

What if she doesn't feel the same way?

What if she makes me leave?

What if she takes Sofia?

What if someone hurt her?

What if she won't let me help?

What if she dies?

And then my thoughts of insanity stopped. The shower turned off, and I promptly heard the bathroom door open, and then moments later, her bedroom door.

I heard her light and adorable footsteps walk towards me until I saw her, beautiful as ever, but she sighed and paused. I guess I couldn't expect this to go well.

Before she walked over to me, she stretched her arms out in front of her and then wiggled and rotated them a little to adjust her robe. As she did that, I briefly noticed a small area of red on the inside of the bottom of the sleeve of the robe. I could feel my heart stop and feel heavy in my chest at the same time as I got my breath taken away and eye widened. I tried to pretend that I didn't notice, but after the way she awkwardly clearly her throat, I knew she saw my expression.

Quickly, I snapped out of it although I was still taken back. Arizona looked at me closely as she sat on the chair next to the couch. She observed my facial features, trying to figure out my mood. I didn't have one, I had so many and I could tell she knew that.

We just sat, and stared at eachother for a while. Then, randomly, she stood up. I expected it was to leave, and I was shocked when she sat her self down flush next to me. Feeling her hand brush on me, and the heat of her body that I missed and never forgot.... It sent chills though me. She sighed deeply, and then made a smile which was a strange mix of genuine and forced emotion. Before she got up and left, she said "bring your stuff in, you can have the guest bedroom for however long." I just nodded gently, and the smiled when she turned around. I knew getting her to open up to me would be hard, but she is incredible at hiding her metal state and I knew I was the only person who could do it, we know each other almost too well.