chapter⁸

new fashion statements

warning: wine consumption

🍪¬*.*'_*°.•~°°'°<•.**•**^*''¬~-°°°*'*¬'^.*'*•*🍪

authors pov

08:07 AM. MUSTAFA, JAPAN

y/n wakes up to the orange and pink hues of the sunrise. she turns to the left and sees a letter on her wooden bedside table. she reaches over, taking it in her hands. she opens the dusty blinds, seeing the purple glory flowers, blooming all over the bakery and in her ginger hair. 

she opens the letter with a smile on her face.

BONJOUR MON CHER

AU MOINS IL DEVRAIT ÊTRE MORING QUAND VOUS RECEVEZ CETTE LETTRE

sorry, n/n

french speaking has struck on me

i really would like you to come over to my shop

mina said she'll come over and i need some help with some new designs

also the prince's bride is coming

and i don't have any delicacies so...

S'IL VOUS PLAÎT

i would really appreciate if you came with some cookies and cakes and some macaroons :D

love you

yuga aoyama 

p.s i have a lot of green dresses waiting for you :p

y/n learned how to read when she was about five. her parents had the funds and got her a teacher; it wasn't unlikely for her to read; it was just more unlikely to go to school. and thankfully, she didn't. y/n was sure that school would change her and y/n didn't want to change. she liked how she was now. 

y/n gets off her bed, the flower in her ginger hair changing to yellow tulips. she goes down the stairs to the kitchen. her father, hunter already heating up some water on the stove. he drinks some hot tea from his mug, putting down on the counter. 

"i saw the envelope," he starts, taking the pot of water from the stove and pouring it into a bucket. he pours more water into the pot, putting back on the stove. "and i know it's from yuga, so this is for you," y/n gives him a quick hug. 

"thanks dad!"

🍪

y/n opens the door of yuga's clothing shop, making him jump on her.

"y/n, my love!" they say, kissing her cheeks. "do you have my treats?" y/n shows the basket from behind of her back, filled with macaroons, sweets and treats. "excellent!"

yuga grabs y/n's wrist, pulling her into the store. he closes the door, his skirt spinning. they walk over to the back of the shop where all of yuga's drawings and sketches, unfinished designs and bottles of wines are. and mina is also there with her pink hair in long healthy tied back locs. y/n hugs mina as mina squeals.

"so how is the little gingernut?" yuga says, dipping his hand into the woven basket. she takes out a macaroon, savoring the sweet flavor. 

"we've seen you with the prince you know," mina says, taking a sweet treat from y/n's basket.

"you little gossips!" y/n says, throwing a roll of fabric at the both of them. yuga moves to the side before the fabric hits him. and mina catches it, putting it on a nearby table. the root in y/n's hair turns into a hybrid lilly. "how told you?"

"when people come around my shop and want some rings and such," yuga starts, opening a bottle of wine. "and they can't pay; i tell them 'gossip is just as rich as money'," she smiles at y/n. y/n rolls her eyes.

"i just hear it in the town square," mina shrugs, wiping her sugar coated hands with a piece of fabric.

"you're a witch," y/n says. "you both are,"

"no darling," yuga says, draining the wine. "i'm a fashion designer," yuga puts his hand out, y/n putting hers in it. yuga puts his other hand out, mia holding it. "come on, ma cheries. i have a lot of dresses and new fashion statements for both you to try,"