Untitled Part 3

**As always, credit to the amazing art goes to the amazing i_AM_IN_HELL

     The sun is just peeking over the horizon when you awaken the next morning. Giving a yawn and a stretch, you open your eyes and look around in confusion.

It takes only a moment to remember why you are here. Levi. You and your carelessly stupid decision to bring him here. What were you thinking? You groan and get out of bed. Smells like something is burning downstairs.

Levi is standing in the kitchen holding a smoking cast iron pan. Muttering a curse, he tosses the pan in the sink and turns the water on, making it even more smoky. The smoke alarm starts to go off.

     "Fuck!", he exclaims and turns to find you standing a foot away. He jumps guiltily. "I'm hungry."

You sigh and move past him, turning the smoke detector off and opening the window above the sink.

     "You have no food! All I could find were these stupid meat patties in your icebox!"

     "Relax, I'm going for supplies." You turn and head for the living room which, during the night, he had cleaned from top to bottom. The dust covers are off all the furniture and the polished wood gleams in the sunlight.

     "Looks nice in here.", you say as you flip the t.v. on and sit down. He doesn't respond, but follows you into the living room, giving the t.v. a curious stare.

     "-rain in the forecast for the next few-"

Click.

     "5x the cleaning power-"

Click.

     "Where a portal opened up just yesterday. The individuals are still at large, and a contingent of military personnel has now cordoned the area off, beginning their investigations."

     "Hey! That's about-"

     "Shush, Levi."

     "Though a clear look at the license plate was not achieved, several bystanders saw one of the interlopers get into a white 2015 Camaro. Police are now looking for the driver. If you have any information-"

T.V. shuts off.

     "Fucking hell!"

You storm out the door and to the garage. Grabbing everything you need from your car, you close the garage door with a bang, hiding your car from view. After a few minutes playing with the lock on a box at the back of the garage, you finally open it and pull out another set of keys. You look at the other car in the garage with dismay.

Dad's car. Mom's was totaled in the wreck that took their lives. This car though, has always intimidated you. Too much power, even for you. It looks like you have no choice, though.

     "What are you doing?"

Levi's voice caused you to shriek and jump. Your outburst causes him to also jump, and you almost laugh. It was pretty funny but-

Your phone rings. It's your roommate.

     "Where the fuck are you? Have you seen the news?"

     "I'm safe. I have. Please don't tell anyone you've spoken with me."

     "I won't but... Is Levi with you?"

     "Yes."

     "HOLY SHIT!"

     "Shhhh. Don't. I'll keep in contact." You hang up and turn to Levi. "I'm going on a supply run. If I can find anything out about your friends, I will let you know."