Chapter 23

"If I was a worm would you guys still want me at Sunday dinner," Sal asks out of the blue

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"If I was a worm would you guys still want me at Sunday dinner," Sal asks out of the blue. Sometimes I swear the Beckett siblings collectively share one braincell and all that braincell is capable of thinking about is their hypothetical worm life. Today Sal has the cell apparently.

The girls are all inside handling a small meltdown Charlotte is having. I didn't hear the whole thing while she sobbed but I know it has something to do with her roommate. I think she requested a single and got a roommate? It was hard to hear but Francesca, Em, and even Sarah sprung into action and pulled her upstairs to comfort her. That is when all the guys and baby Jess migrated to the backyard where we currently lay.

"I would take you fishing," Anthony says from his spot in the grass; laying under the trampoline with me, Noah, Tom, Alex, and Sal. Joe is more civilized, he says, so he opted for a chair with his feet up on the edge of the trampoline; while Alan sits above us holding Jess's hand while she jumps.

"Aw bro you do lo-"

"And use you as bait," Anthony cuts his twin off with a proud smile.

Sal sputters completely offended while the rest of us laugh.

"If I don't sign with the Islanders would you guys still want me at Sunday dinner," I ask once it gets quiet again.

"Yeah," Tom says without hesitation.

"I was born a Rangers fan anyways," Alan joins in, earning himself a round of horrified gasps. I knew that already he told me one day then swore me to secrecy. Me and Alan have a cool relationship as the two outsiders in the family. We feel like we need to stick together and I think Alan feels like he needs to be like a big brother to me and help me find where I fit in Francescas chaotic, giant family.

"As long as my baby sister is happy you're always invited CR," Joe adds while the twins nod in agreement with their older brother.

"Are we calling him CR now," Tom questions looking around at everyone but me. I learned already that my opinion on the nickname does not matter. Joe has been using it for a couple of  weeks now and the twins have latched on to it too. Apparently Ryder wasn't a nickname anymore because I basically use it as my first name, so they needed to find something else to call me.

"Get your own nickname for him No, this one's mine," Joe pouts and I can already see the wheels turning, trying to think of yet another nickname for me.

"Wait if I was a dog Ryder could I be your pet," Sal asks circling back to how this weird fucking conversation started.

"Why me specifically?"

"Yeah wait, fuck you, I literally shared a womb with you bitch," Anthony yells slapping his brother.

"Language," all of us yell as Jess giggles, jumping and paying no mind to her own personal army that lays around her. I feel bad for the poor fucker that little girl brings around because if me and Alan thought we had it rough whoever she brings around has no idea what they're in for.

New York Summer | 509 Series Book 1.5 जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें