23. Rakshabandhan Shock.

***Arya's POV.***

The month of July had gone by in resting only. My arm healed in a week and so did my forehead injury. But my ankle took its sweet time, which held me back from going to Mayra's exhibition. But then it gave me reason to push Vedant to go on my behalf and click some pictures of Mayra.

And when I got those pictures, I was happy. He came back home with two photos which he bought. One was of my photo but my face is not shown as I had a dupatta over my head for the photoshoot only my smile is seen. And another one was of fields of flowers over a mountain with sun rising.

"You won't believe how much this both cost me?" Vedant said.

"How much?" I ask and he gives me a figure, "Didn't you receive any discounts?"

"No. And for a moment there I felt like she was planning to loot me by saying your picture is in demand, so she was thinking of putting it on auction. Like hell, I will let another person take away your picture." He says and puts down the pictures on one side.

"She was teasing you." I say with a giggle.

"Whatever." He says with a pout and I can't stop laughing imagining the conversation they must have had.

Then Nanu and Nani's anniversary came and at last I was allowed out of my room. Vedant picked me and took me anywhere I wanted to go. Mayra and Parth teased me a lot during that time. After the doctor said that I was good to walk two weeks later, I refused to be carried around.

"I can walk." I say to Vedant when he tries to intervene as I start to walk towards the balcony to have my breakfast.

"I know. But I am so used to carrying you around that I can't help it." Vedant says with his usual smile then picks me up.

"Vedant. Put me down." I told him.

"No." He says.

"Vedant please. I want to walk." I say.

"I will let you but there is one condition." He says and I know what that condition is when he looks at my lips. I look down.

"This is not the time to negotiate." I say.

"Well, when one's wife is shy then husbands like me have to grab every opportunity they can. Come on now. I can stand here all day holding you." He whispers in my ear huskily and my heart skips a beat.

"You promise to let me walk to the balcony?" I ask, looking at his lips as they come closer.

"No." He says just a beat before crashing his lip with mine in an intense kiss.

Every time we kiss it is different. At first they were just small pecks then they started to linger and now however much time we spend kissing it doesn't seem enough. And with every kiss I feel a sensation growing inside me.

This odd feeling which wants me to close all the gaps between us. To just hold on to my husband tightly. To feel his heavy weight on me. To feel his touch and touch him myself. These thoughts seem odd sometimes but it makes me crave something, something that seems to be inevitable.

It has been two months since our marriage and I feel a lot closer to Vedant day by day. Everyday we discover something new about each other. Everyday we find a new way to get to know each other.

But still I have yet to make much progress in his relationship with Mayra. They talk now but Vedant still ignores her in his Mom's presence. And even if he talks sometimes, it feels like he is talking to a stranger.

Mayra on the other hand has gotten used to it which is not good. She smiles through her pain. The pain which can be seen clearly day by day. I sometimes fear what would happen if Mayra loses all hope of getting accepted in this family. That is my worst nightmare.