7. Save The Date.

***Vedant's POV.***

I look at her as our family discusses about dinner at our place and sees her sweet smile again. The very first time I saw her, I thought she was an angel. So calm, so beautiful and so simple, too.

Dadu was right about her. She is very simple and good with family, as he said. But what I like most about her is her manner of speaking politely and also she is very good at her job. The gardens and our cottage designs she did is proof of that.

Her light brown eyes shine in the light and look so clear that you can see yourself in them and her too. She has long brown hair which reaches her waist. She is not fat but also not so thin in short, a perfect Punjabi girl.

"Let's have dinner now. Let's go." Mamu says and takes us to the dining table.

We walk there and take seats. I wait for my Mom to sit before taking a seat beside her. Arya is busy bringing out dishes but her Mami tells her to sit down. She smiles and looks at a woman who comes down the stairs with a baby.

"What happened?" Arya asks.

"Nothing, he is fine but he wanted to be out of the room maybe, as he has stopped crying after seeing you all." The woman says. Maybe she is his nanny.

"It is okay. Why don't you have dinner while we look after him? Let's go Veer. We have to eat as we are hungry. I made phirni for you." Arya says with a cute voice and Veer gets distracted and smiles.

"Give him to me. I will feed him while you eat." Her first brother Shaurya says.

"Then when will you eat?" She says and takes Veer to sit beside her Mami, which is exactly opposite of me.

She smiles at me and my mom as she makes Veer sit in the high chair between her and Mami. She patiently puts cloth around his neck and passes the dishes to us all. We self-serve and take whatever we like. I don't like people serving food unless it is my Mom because I love when she does that as she puts her soft hand on my head.

"So you can cook, Arya." Dadi asks her.

"Yes, Dadi Ji." She says politely as she feeds Veer some phirni.

"She is a very good cook. She cooked most of the food today. Taste this methi dal and phirni, Meera." Arya's Nani says.

Dadi eats and nods in approval and says, "Very good, Arya. I should warn you ahead only Arya, that I am very strict when it comes to food as I am health conscious. I hope you are too."

"I am Dadi Ji. Every platter that I make, I make sure that it is made with fresh things and is good for health as Nanu and Nani's health is also in question." Arya says.

"Then it is good. And please don't call me Dadi Ji. You are going to be our daughter so just call me Dadi, okay?" Dadi says giving her total approval to Dadu's choice.

"So I heard you bought the famous hotel recently?" Reyansh asks from beside me and we start discussing the changes I am thinking of making.

The dinner goes smoothly and I chat with her other two cousin brothers too during dessert in the living room. We talk about business while my eyes go to Arya who is talking to my Mom.

Mom seems happy as she talks with her and plays with Veer too. It has been a while since I saw my Mom this happy and talkative. Even Dadi and Dadu seem happy looking at Mom as she laughs at something Arya says, I smile to myself.

I made the right choice.