Fix Me

Jeff's occasional appearances in M/n's house didn't change after that. Their mutual enemy didn't seem to affect their relationship at all. Even if he seethed silently when he thought M/n wasn't paying attention, if his eyes trailed to his torso more than it did before, if despite how tense his hands were he had enough self awareness to treat M/n's stomach like glass, Jeff was still nothing but a bummy roommate, a delusional bummy roommate at that. He liked to pretend that he contributed to the household. What it was? M/n hadn't figured that out yet, and trust me he was trying.

   Liu contributed more and he didn't even pretend that he lived there. It was a relief that not everyone in the Hodek family was a complete train wreck. Although Liu still had his fair share of issues, as M/n flipped through the many pages of his case file he continued to be the lesser of two evils.

   Coincidentally, still thumbing through the freshly printed papers stapled together composed of Liu's police records, his front door flung open. Not a good thing considering it had an automatic lock but he had more pressing matters than the shitty locking mechanism on his now busted door.

   Standing a few feet from his door inside the apartment Liu didn't look in pain per say. He was disheveled, and out of breath, but there wasn't an indication that he had been injured. Even so M/n's typically poorly applied bedside manner still kicked in gear when he noticed the tell tale glossy look in his eyes and the irritated red that had spread from his cheeks to the tip of his nose. Startled, M/n dropped the folder back onto his printer, swallowing any embarrassment he might've had from being caught with his new light evening literature as he closed in on Liu.

   "I'm sorry!" He yelped. "I didn't mean to barge in, I just— I panicked and..." he trailed off as M/n came closer. Flinching as he raised his arm near his head, and only letting himself breath when he realized He was pushing the door shut behind him. M/n's hand trailed down his upper arm before holding onto his elbow and immediately he was feeling much better. Melting into his touch without even realizing it.

   "It's fine, I'm not mad." M/n reassured him quietly, his thumb beginning to rub his arm through his hoodie as he tried to soothe him like a scared dog without being too invasive. "Are you okay?"

   "I'm not hurt."

   "I mean, I knew that." Liu raised a brow, his lips pressed together as a look of confusion painted his face made M/n grin. Sliding his hand from Liu's arm back down to his side he took a few steps back. "Long story."

   Ignoring his stupidly attractive grin Liu followed him into his kitchen leaning against the counter farthest from his kurieg while he watched him prepare their coffee. The same song and dance as every other time he stopped by. "Is it the same story that explains the nose cast? Cause you never told me that one."

   "It's a nasal splint, and don't you want to tell me why you busted my lock first."

   Liu hummed in discomfort, clicking his tongue as he stared out the two glass doors leading to the apartment room balcony. "No," it was a meek admission. "Not right now."

   M/n shrugged, accepting his answer at face value since there wasn't much reason to pry. "I went to med school." He started to explain. "For a little while. Like two and a half years maybe. I got pulled out though."

   "Why?"

   "Some dumbass got in trouble for running his mouth. Right as my boss started putting some length on our leashes the whole issue put him on edge and he pulled back. Even though I never finished, it didn't stop people from coming to me if they were stabbed, or shot... or dislocated something." He trailed off.

   "So you're an unqualified mafia doctor?"

   "Sure, that's basically it."

   "Why you?"

Cashiering isn't so bad [Creepypasta/Marble Hornets x Male reader]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें