CH 12

Camilla's POV

The next morning, I wake up with a pounding head and a very dry throat. I groan as I roll to my right to avoid the glaring sunlight that passed through my curtains.

"Why did I drink so much." I say groggily

I slowly get up groaning, I notice Im still in my outfit from last night. I look to my left and see a glass of water and some painkillers to help with the headache. It was also 12 PM. After taking the pills, I slowly walk to my bathroom and get ready. I wear my matching sweats and a sunglass. I put up my hood and walk out of my room slowly to go to the kitchen.

Once arrived, I see Gina on her seat. Resting her head on the table.

"Gina." I greet softly

"Mils." She replies back in the same manner

"Hello!" someone greets

Gina and I groan in sync as we try to sink deeper into our chair.

"What's gotten into you two?"

I look up and see it's Haley. I motion for her to keep quiet and then hide my face from the bright room.

"They're in a hangover."

"How do you know?" Haley asks

"Because I carried her to bed."

I slowly look up and see Matteo staring intensely at me.

"That reminds me, we have to talk." He says

I nod, not wanting to speak or argue with him at the moment, and then he came to sit beside me.

"Here we are!" Kaitlyn says as she came out of the kitchen with two bowls

She place one in front of her daughter and one in front of me.

"Drink up! It'll help." She says as more food was being brought out

After lunch, I felt a little bit better. Kaitlyn's hangover soup helped a lot. I follow Matteo to his office since he said we have to talk about something. I close the door as I was the last to go in. He faces me with anger.

"Where did you go last night?"

"Club." I simply answer as I scan his office

I look back at him and his eyes have darken.

"Wearing a revealing outfit? Are you trying to get another male's attention?!" He asks, his voice raising

Hold on a minute. Why is he the one being upset? Shouldn't I be the one who should be upset right now? Ever since we met, he had already been giving me mixed signals, then he left me when he found out we're mates, and when I was brought here, he ignored my presence.

My blood began to boil. He doesn't have the right to play possessive mate right now.

"And why did I smell a male on you?"

I scoff. He was taken aback and then he glared at me.

"Did you just scoff at me?"

I look up at him lazily.

"Yeah, so what?"

"So what?!" He asks, getting angrier

"Why? Are you jealous? mad? I'm sorry, I didn't know I should've told you where I was going, I didn't feel the need to since you treat me as if I wasn't here." I say with arms crossed

He walks to me dangerously slow.

"I'm not jealous. Why would I be when you're not even my mate, poser?" He sneers

That hurt, a lot. Is he really still on that? Believing and telling himself that I'm just faking it? I'm getting sick of it.

My eyes flash hurt, as soon as it came, its gone.

"You still believe I'm not your mate? Why? Do you think I'm just here after the position of Luna Queen? Do you think I have a witch friend helping me? Do you really think Jess and I are alike?" I ask, my voice getting louder

His eyes glare at me at the mention of the she-wolf's name.

Looking at his angry eyes, I thought of closing the distance between us and keeping my eyes on his, telling him and reassuring him that I am his destined mate from the Moon Goddess. Touching him so that he'll feel the sparks and how I have the ability to calm him down. Kissing him so that he'll feel our mate bond getting stronger. But how would that be effective enough to change his mind about me? Gina had told me he went through a lot mentally and has trust issues. Doing these would just make him believe I am just like Jess. Instead, I sigh.

"I may not know how much you suffered before for you to look at me, your true mate, with so much anger and hatred, but I will bring the old Matteo back. I will fight your fears to make you see I am your true mate, Matteo. I hope I could gain your trust before it'll be too late." I say

I sadly smile and turn to leave. I close the door behind me as I leave his office. Letting out a long sigh, Carla tells me I did good and that we'll be okay.

For the rest of the afternoon, I spent it with Haley. We find a lake behind the pack house so we sit and watch as Kyle trains his warriors intensely.

"He's so dreamy and hot when he's in his Delta mode." Haley says dreamily

I chuckle.

I envy how fast it was for Kyle and Haley. When they met, they immediately accepted each other, marked and mated, and now so in love like an old married couple. Every female wolf's dream was like that, but I guess sometimes it isn't always what you dreamed it would be.

After their training, Haley and I went to greet Kyle. We walk back to the mansion together for dinner. Dinner pass by in a blur, I was now walking around the garden with Kaitlyn.

"How are you, dear?" She asks

"Good." I answer

"Are you and Matteo okay?" She asks, worriedly

I smile sadly.

"We will be."

Kaitlyn sighs as she wraps her arm around me in comfort. After the walk, we climb up to our floor and separate ways. I close my door and go to the bathroom to get ready for bed. After I'm all ready and changed into my night gown, I smell him.

I walk out and see him on my bed.

"Matteo.." I trail off

His red eyes looks at me and they darken when he sees what I'm wearing. He stands up and with four long strides towards me, he's in front of me.

"Mason-"

I was cut off as Mason gently cup my cheeks and kisses me. I was shocked and confused. I gently push him away and he looks at me.

"Mason, as much as I love that you accept us, please stop taking over control when it comes to me. I know you ache to be with me but Matteo and I have issues to fix." I gently tell him

Mason smiles. He kisses my forehead and then reluctantly lets go.

"You are our perfect mate. I thank the Moon Goddess she paired us with you. I'll abide to your request, my love." He says

He leaves my room and closes the door gently. Carla gushes at how gentle and loving Mason is and I giggle at how Carla is acting and climb into bed.

~•~ ~•~ ~•~ ~•~ ~•~ ~•~

Oh Mason.. 🤧🤧

Do you think Matteo, despite having trust issues, would try to get close to Camilla? Do you think he'd try to see that Camilla is his true mate?