CH 09

Matteo's POV

"Listen, Camilla, stay away from my family and my pack. Tell your witch friend to quit it because I'm not falling for it. Go back to whoever you are working with against me before I kill you." I threaten

Camilla looks at me confused and hurt. With one last glare, I let her go and storm out of there. I slam my door shut once I reach my room.

I was enraged. How dare she act like she's my mate?! I know the mate bond is there but that is part of the magical trick!

"Matt, she really is our mate! Why don't you believe me?" Mason asks

"Because we've fallen for her magical trick before and I am not letting that happen again."

"But Jess and Onyx died, remember?" Mason reminds me

I growl, remembering the two ladies who tried to trick me into making Jess the Luna Queen.

"And Onyx said revenge would soon come to me, remember?"

"I call her bluff. Camilla is our real mate!" Mason convinces me

"We'll see about that."

Camilla's POV

It has been a week since that incident with Matteo in my room and I've been avoiding him like the plague. In the morning, I hang out with Gina, Haley, and Kyle. In the evening, I'm digging and trying to find out who this witch friend and rebel Matteo accused me of. So far, I found nothing. I've tried asking Gina and Kyle but they either wont tell me or chose to ignore my question.

It is now 5 PM and I decided to walk around the mansion to familiarize myself more. After a tiring walk, I return to my room to shower and change for dinner. Satisfied with my outfit, I leave my room and notice Matteo's bedroom door is open. I peep inside and see a black and gold themed room. I involuntarily walk in and look around.

My sense were overwhelmed with his scent from his room that I didn't realize he was behind me, observing

"What are you doing here." He growls lowly

I swiftly turn to look at him, I was suddenly scared and nervous. He stalk towards me as I step back.

"I said, what are you doing here?"

My leg hits the base of the chair and I fall onto it.

"I'm s-sorry.. I was just looking around-"

"Does my room look like an area that you can just freely go in and look around?" He asks me harshly

I get off of the chair and back away some more. He was coming too close and I'm too scared of what might happen. Matteo hasn't exactly showed his acceptance towards me ever since we met, but Mason however, was eager to mark and mate with me.

Suddenly, he pushes me and pins me onto his bed as he gets on top of me. I gasp at how close we are.

What is he doing?!

His eyes flashes red and as fast as his eyes shifted color, he crashes his lips onto mine and I kiss back automatically. His hand pins my wrists together above my head as the other travels down to my waist. He firmly grips my waist as he deepened the kiss, but just like back at my brother's ceremony party, he breaks the kiss and gets off. I sit up confused.

"Leave." He says

His eyes has shifted back to his normal blue-green. When I didn't move, He glares up at me and growls, "I said leave!"

Frightened, I stand up and leave his room as quickly as I could. He slams his door shut as I wince at how loud he closed his door.

Carla grumbles in my mind at how confusing he is. Shaking off what just happened, I leave the hallway and walk down to the dining area.

"Good evening, dear." Kaitlyn greets me

"Good evening, Kaitlyn." I smile

Over the week, Kaitlyn and I bonded like mother and daughter. Now I understand why Kaitlyn and mom were best friends, they're both almost too similar.

"Lance isn't eating?" I ask

Kaitlyn shakes her head, "He's busy helping Matteo with pack related things."

I nod. Gina soon came in and the three of us started eating dinner. After dinner, Gina went to spend time with her mate while Kaitlyn and I link our arms and walk around the garden. It's been a routine for us after every dinner.

"Hey, Kaitlyn?"

She hums in response.

"Who are Jess and Onyx?" I ask her

Kaitlyn turns to look at me.

"Why do you ask?"

"Well.. Matteo accused me of working with a witch and someone else.. he said I'm just posing as his mate." I say, whimpering at the end

Kaitlyn was silent. Probably debating whether or not to tell me. After a while, she guides me to the bench and we sit down as she turns to me.

"Jess was part of our pack before. She was a quiet she-wolf, always minding her own business and never getting into trouble, she also had a huge obsession on Matteo-"

I growled lowly as I hear what Kaitlyn said. She chuckles lightly and pats my hand to calm me down. She continues.

"Onyx was a greedy witch who was always near our border. She would occasionally stop and watch our pack without trespassing. Jess and Onyx were friends, I don't know how they met but they were. Onyx knew Matteo hadn't met his mate yet and also knew how much Jess liked Matteo. Onyx was after power and since she knew Jess's obsession, she thought to kill two birds with one stone. She casted a spell on Jess and it completely changed her whole personality overnight. She became obnoxious, flirty, and desperate. That spell was to make Matteo feel the mate bond with Jess and make her the Luna Queen, both Matteo and Mason fell for it. We were suspicious of Jess, because it was weird how all of the sudden, she's Matteo's mate. We tried to warn and tell Matteo that something wasn't right, but he wouldn't listen. He was too busy trying to strengthen the pack and was under the spell. He'd always get angry and say how we're just saying that because we didn't want him to be happy. When Matteo found out it was too late, Jess had let Onyx, her companions, and rogues enter the land and war broke out. Your father came to fight with us when he heard, I'm sure you know about the war 5 years ago. When we won, he ordered a death sentence to Jess and Onyx for tricking him and distorting the Moon Goddess' destined mate for him. Onyx's last words were like a curse, she said that revenge would soon find its way to him."