CH. 3 Perfect Candidate

At the courtyard, I was trying to climb over the main wall that divided the girls from the guys. Kayla was keeping an eye out, making sure that Ms. Bitch was not nearby. Or any adult in particular. This nonsense of keeping us divided was ridiculous. Being over here reminded me of Lori and I needed to get away from that. It had been a week and I was still hurting.

To get to the other side, first, I had to climb a tree. The branches helped me hide whenever someone was heard nearby. Anyways, the other girls were so loud that maybe no one would focus on me. Although, Ms. Bitch was out to get me, so I still had to be careful. Luckily, I had Kayla's help.

"Hurry up," she was a big chicken though...

"I'm going, I'm going," carefully, I balanced myself on the tree branch, while gripping a branch above me. Cautiously, I took small steps and did not look down. This wall was too tall, therefore, I had to step on to another higher branch. "Do you see Ms. Bitch around?" I made small talk with Kayla, in order to distract myself from heights.

"Nope," I heard her say but I did not look down to look at her. "I'm gonna start climbing up," she added, and that's when I heard a few branches move, which made me flinch a bit. "I think you can jump over the wall now," she gave her opinion. Oh sure, since she wasn't seeing what I was. And what did she mean by jump? No, I was not gonna jump. Just like I climbed up this tree, I was going to climb down the tree from the other side.

"Be careful," I warned Kayla before lifting one leg over the wall. Luckily, the branches still covered me. Once having my foot on a branch from the other tree, I brought the other leg over as well. Slightly, I could see the branches from the other side moving, hopefully Kayla wasn't having much trouble. Cautiously, I climbed down the tree. As I was stepping down on another branch, my foot slipped, causing my knee to scrape on the tree bark. "Shit!" I yelped in a whisper. Holy shit, that hurt! I pressed my lips together, in order to not yell. Ugh, it stung badly! "Shit!" I jumped off the tree, landing on my feet. "Ugh," I got down on one knee and examined the injured one. Blood covered it. I pressed my hand on it. Up above me, I heard the branches of the tree.

Kayla jumped off, "Shit," she gasped when she saw my knee. Blood flowed through my fingers, just a bit though. "You need to clean that," she stated. Duh, I knew that. But I couldn't just walk up to the guy's restrooms. And I couldn't go to the nurse without getting caught. I'd have to climb over the wall again.

"What are you guys doing here?" Luke! I looked up and saw him looking down at us.

"We got bored on the other side, so came to visit," I gave a cheeky smile, while still pressing my hand on my knee.

"Shit, what happened?" he squatted down. He took a look at it.

"I scraped it against the tree," I explained.

"Wait here, I'm gonna get something to clean it up," he jogged away. Meanwhile, Kayla and I hid behind the tree. It would suck to get caught after this.

Patiently, we waited. I tried to not get blood on the sleeves of my uniform. See, this is why I wished that uniforms weren't obligatory. It'd be nice to wear jeans once in awhile. Kayla cringed at the sight of all the blood. Wow, it wasn't that much.

Minutes later, Luke reappeared with a first aid kit. "Um," he searched for what was helpful.

"How did you get that?" I leaned back against the tree as Luke started cleaning off my knee. Ouch, it stung!

"A few buddies distracted the nurse while I stole it," he grinned, mischievously. After cleaning it, he placed a bandaid on it. "Better?" he asked. I nodded but remained sat on the ground. He sat next to me. "You need to be more careful," he advised.