Chapter Fourteen

Beau was amazing

Beau was amazing.

Beau was intentional.

Beau was sweet.

Beau was thoughtful.

Beau knew how to leave a lasting effect on Honeydew even when he wasn't around.

And once more, Beau was amazing.

The day after their date, life went back to normal. Honeydew and Beau went back to work, but things were different.

Instead of sending flowers, Beau brought her flowers. And instead of texting him 'Thank you!' Or '' Honeydew thanked him with a hug and kiss on the cheek.

She wasn't holding back her feelings anymore and Beau loved it. And she loved that he loved it.

Her favorite part of seeing Beau was surprising him with lunch. She didn't want him to feel like he was taken for granted and she wanted to make him feel special.

To see each other more, they both rearranged their work schedules to make time for a couple of hours together.

It was simply blissful.

And it was proof that surely if someone wanted to, they would.

Today was a calm day.

Beau got Marcus to head up practice, and he picked up Honeydew at home for a nice walk at the park. And Baby came along for some fresh air.

"Let's go by the lake, Baby loves watching the ducks," Honeydew suggested and attached Baby's leash to his harness.

She put him on the ground and led him to the water.

Beau followed without a word, which made Honeydew turn to him. "Are you alright?" She asked cautiously.

He wasn't a silent man. He always had something to say, which Honeydew figured because he loved the sound of his voice.

As did she.

"No, I mean, yes. I was thinkin," Beau stammered and stared at her pensively. "What did you do in Dallas? You did hair, but how'd you end up here?" He asked curiously.

Honeydew sighed at the thought of Dallas.

It was home but also a place she didn't miss.

She sat on the ground next to Baby, and Beau followed her lead, taking her hand in his.

"I guess it's my turn to share my story," She said softly, reminiscing on the life she left behind.

Beau hummed and wrapped his arm around her shoulder, giving her comfort and warmth.

Which was much appreciated.

"I was the top stylist at DuJour and one of the most coveted in the city. There was so much pressure on me I had no creative control or freedom to choose what clients booked with me. And it was a wonderful salary, but I hated it." Honeydew said.