Chapter 1

Shravani's Pov

'Shortie!' Atharv shouted as he barged into my room. 'Wake up highness, you are late!'

Who is this disturbing my beauty sleep, I groaned when I felt the blanket being pulled out. 'Anna!' I screamed at him. 'let me sleep its a Sunday remember!' and pulled the blanket from his hands, trying to cover and sleep again. This time parthiv Anna also walked in and both these demons pulled my leg, making me fall down. 'ouchhhh! Ammmaaaaa....' I screamed calling my mother to help me.

'shush shortie!' parthiv Anna whisper yelled. 'don't call amma please!' I giggled. 'I'm sorry Anna! You shouldn't have woken me up' and I started singing the word amma. My brothers were trying to wrestle me trying to shut me up, but me being me scratched them with my nails, and even proceeded to bite Atharv Anna's arm. ' you evil little brat' atharv anna screamed rubbing his arm. I smiled wickedly. Just then my mother walked in with a spoon in her hand. ' what is all this commotion' she yelled. All three of us paused fighting. 'you two behave like adults, why are you bothering Princess, let her sleep'. Success! I mentally danced.

Both of them looked defeated, they didn't say a word, because they knew it won't work. And slowly they walked away, bending their heads like kids.
'baby goto sleep, its not even 9 yet!' my mother cooed.

'no amma I'm not sleepy, and I want teaaaaa' I said happily. You see I love tea with all my tiny heart. Most of the time I skip meals by having tea. I remembered once how amma hid the sugar bottle to stop me from drinking tea, but no matter what she did, I always found a way. You can't part me from tea. Tea is my love.

'comeon then!' she called me.

You see me being the youngest , I was everyone's favorite. I was everyone's happiness. My brothers loved me so much but they would always annoy me, as they love seeing me all riled up yelling at them. Whenever I scold them, they tell that I look like a tiny angry bird. They never took me serious, which I hated. I was a bit short tempered, so I always ended up fighting with them. My mother tells me to behave lady like but it's not my mistake that I grew up with two boys rather than my sister. My sister was an introvert and very reserved, so we never had a close bond,so I spent all my time with the boys, following their trail. People thought I was a tomboy, nonsense. I was the real definition of a girl. *wink* maybe or maybe not. I mean I do things that are not very lady like, for example riding my brother's royal Enfield, climbing trees. Should I list more. Oh come on, all my child hood I spent climbing trees with my brothers. I got yelled many times but no matter what I still kept doing it. It was fun. I and my brothers were very outgoing loud and fun, but my sister preferred to stay indoors.

I smiled thinking about my childhood. I was very naughty. I use to sneak out to play cricket with my brothers and their friends. And my mother would pull my ear and bring me straight home. Ha I remember the vacations  at my paternal grandmother's home. How I and my brothers ran around our neighbours fields. There was this one time when we cheated an old lady by talking to her to sneak some of the fishes that were in her garden pond. We were very fascinated by those colored tiny fishes, so we took them. I and Atharv Anna do the talking to distract her where as parthiv Anna steals them. Where as my grandmother thought that we brought the fishes from the stream nearby. I do regret for being such a theif. But now thinking about all what we did, I couldn't help but smile. That was a childhood I adored. I was pretty adventurous. I went to karate classes with my brothers,so hence I knew mys self defense. My brothers often wrestle me after watching all those matches on TV. I hated wrestling, anyways I always lost against. Comeon two against one, not fair. My mother always kept saying that at this rate they won't be able to find me a groom.
But no matter what I loved my brothers, I have always followed them like a lost puppy since childhood and that's what I still do.

But now that has reduced, as the three of us had our own chores to attend. I was a lawyer at high court. I wasn't able to practice under amma as she retired. But instead my senior was one of amma's friend. I learnt alot from her. I remember those days how I used to just carry files around, accompany her to hearings and keep track of all thw documentions. It wasn't a easy path for me. People respected me for being ananditha's daughter but that doesn't mean I was able to get things through the short way. Anyways that was all in the past. Now I have my own office and a junior lawyer and typist. I appeared in many cases and managed to win all of them. But during the initial phases of my career, I had many ups and downs. But still I kept going, for I was the great ananditha's daughter. She was my inspiration, I wanted to be a good lawyer like my mother and some day become a magistrate as well. My father was scared when I chose criminal law over civil, but nevertheless I knew what I wanted.

My mother and father petted me alot and never got angry on me. They always told us how their children never disappointed them and that they were really proud of us.

My mother and father had a love marriage. My amma was a North Indian where as appa was South Indian. Ammas family was against their love, they even arranged her marriage with an old man. But somehow other appa and his family stopped it and got married to amma. From that day onwards she had no connection with her family. And she was happily accepted into my father's family. She loved dad so much, you can always see it in their eyes.

During their initial days of marriage they struggled alot as appa wasn't able to succeed in all the businesses he started. But Amma was very supportive, and together they started the hotel. For me Amma is an iron lady and she was always my role model.

After having tea, my brothers were bickering about how much attention I get, where as they don't get any. These two grownups always pretend that they are kids. My mother was fussing over parthiv Anna's hair. 'parthi you really need a hair cut boy, at this rate you'll look like shravu' s sister. I and Atharv Anna giggled. 'amma this is called style..' he whined.

'good morning children' appa walked in holding the Sunday newspaper. He was all sweaty, seems like some one has had a long jog.

I hopped away from the chair and ran to hug him. 'shravu, why are you up this early' he said patting my head. I muffled a laugh looking at my brothers.

After having a quick shower I changed into a loose oversized t-shirt and some leggings. And went to the kitchen to help my mother with some cooking. Oh believe me, I can cook well. Today we decided to make my favorite prawn biriyani. I made the biriyani where as amma made some other dishes to go with it. Lunch was fun as usual. I love Sundays, the only day all of us are home and get to spend some time with each other. I loved my family, they were my everything. I don't know what i would do without them.

Amma : mother
Appa : father
Anna : elder brother

Tadaaaa.... How was shravani's Pov. Did you guys like her. And how was this chapter?