~Chapter 7~

It was hectic, everyone was in an uproar. Shouting out their worries and concerns, but I stood tall, showing that this wasn't up for discussion. The two soldiers rightfully stayed by my side, showing a united front, but they didn't over step. They were my pups, my pack, and I had to pass the baton. Eventually though, I had enough.

"ENOUGH!!!!

Everyone abruptly shut their mouths mid word. I might not be an alpha, but what I had was earned respect. I let them stare at me in wonder for a minute before I stepped forward, letting the soldiers know that I needed to handle this alone.

"You all will always be my pups, but I can't be your alpha omega anymore." Smiling at the title Barb gave me that has stuck all these years. "Even if you don't see it now, it's the best for the pack. Selene will take up the honor to be the new pack alpha omega." At that Selene stepped forward, naturally drawing all eyes to her. I smiled as I snuck away to a bench, the soldier following me.

"I have no doubt that she's what the pack need now. Even if they don't realize it yet, Selene has slowly been taking my place."

I said to no one in particular as Bucky and Steve just placed me across their legs, but I couldn't fully relax. My body buzzing with anxiety as I shook slightly. Thankful that all eyes where away from me as Selene started to talk to everyone, but all I heard was static.

Why it had to be now, I didn't know. Perhaps it could be from stress? Between meeting my destined mates and tending to the pups my body has been a little lack luster. However, soon the past plagued my mind in worry as my grip tightened on the two. Fear haunting my thoughts as I saw Barb walk up to the two.

"Take her with you, she's panicking, probably can't even stand anymore, right?"
I nodded slowly as I forced my body to lay against the two. I hardily registered what else she said before I was floating in the air, no I was being carried. Feeling a warmth encompass me as my mind brought up past events I'd much rather forget. my hands tightened on the plain grey shirt as I felt metal graze my forehead in a fleeting touch. Though I didn't want the pups to see me. Not like this.

"T-the pups...", My voice trailed off but I knew they heard me as I saw Steve take charge as he strategically covered my cradled form as Bucky's grip tightened. Before I knew it I was led away from the commotion. The only thing I could register was the steady thumping of his heart. Cuddled by the two soldiers as my mind drifted off, then darkness covered my eyes.

"You'll never amount to nothing", Mother said as she tied the rope tightly around my already bruised wrists, causing me to hiss in pain. " I wish i would have just killed you as a baby when i had the chance." Standing up she dragged me by the rope back to the basement. Silent tears ran down my cheeks as she roughly tied me to the thick pole in the center of the dark and damp room.

"This is for your own good so don't look at me like that!"

The pain was immense as her hand loudly connected to my cheek, causing a loud sound to echo in the near empty room. I didn't even bother to raise my head, nor did i resort to pleading with her as i knew it would amount to nothing than me tiring myself. I watched her heels hit the concrete as she heading up the stairs, slamming the door shut behind her as i heard the dead bolt locking in place. Though now wasn't the time to hide into myself, waiting for them to come back and break my will down even more. No, now was the time for action. I've waited months for the party. It would keep them out till sunrise!

With that though i unleashed my canines going to work on the rope. This time i would cut through, i wouldn't give up!

It could have been hours, or mere second but i finally cut through the thick rope with a small sound of triumph. Though my canines had seen better days as i felt the dull edges with my tongue, but it was worth it. My feet roughly pattered against the cool ground as i ran up to the door. What they didn't know was that my resolve to be free of them and find my mates was now stronger than my fear for them. So with that, after a couple attempts, my body hit a weak point and shattered a hole in the door. Just big enough for me to crawl out of, and at that i did.