Chapter 50: Till The End

Stars are only visible in darknessFear is ever-changing and evolvingAnd I, I've been poisoned insideBut I, I feel so alive

Fear is ever-changing and evolving
And I, I've been poisoned inside
But I, I feel so alive

SAGE POV

We were all seated in the living and they were all staring at me because I told everything to everyone.

Crescent was the first one to say "Sage, this is dangerous. You know that." I nodded my head "I do." But I didn't dare utter another word. My mind was made. Mom said "Sage, don't do this. It's a trap." I nodded again "I know." They both looked at me waiting for me to speak further but I sighed, explaining "This has to end. This has to end today and now. Or he will come after everyone I love. One by one. And I don't think I can handle that anymore."

I confessed "I'm not afraid of him. I don't fear him anymore. As much as I'm trying to be a good guy for everyone, I want him fucking dead." Mom cringed at the way I spoke and I knew by the realization in her eyes that I did suddenly changed. Ryan asked, "So how will we be fighting against my brother?" I could tell how hard it was for Ryan but at the same time by his reaction, I think deep down he knew it was Brian all along. Caden answered "Iron sand is what keeps the ghosts away. That and anything made of iron." He looked at me with a smile "Even a spatula comes in handy sometimes." Uncle Gabriel and I were the only two people who truly understood this more than everyone else.

I looked at dad as he was still sleeping on the couch. I said to Crescent "Give him lots of water. If he needs to pee.... don't let him." Her eyes widen and her cheeks just go red for some reason.

Gabriel asked, "How is Ryan going to fight when he can't see them?" Caden said, "We're doing the juju only if he wants to." We looked at Ryan and he nodded "I don't wanna fight blind." Gabriel nudged his head at Crescent "What about your mother and Crescent?" I shook my head denying "No. Even if they agree, I'm saying no."

X

Caden, Ryan and I, poured iron sand all around Caden's house, the whole block. No ghost can get in and no ghost can get out.

We walked into the garage, to Caden's car. He smiled at Ryan "No more trunk for you, big guy. You'll be riding the back seat." He was nervous. The number of stupid jokes and sarcasm was all I needed to hear to know that he was terrified.

We had everything. Iron bats, iron sand, iron chains- whatever we could think of. I sat in the front seat and Ryan in the back as we waited for Caden. But he just walked to the tool closet and bought out a wooden baseball bat with countless nails hammered in the bottom, along with his other iron bat. He handed one to Ryan with a smile "I made myself a better one." Putting it in the trunk and got in the car. I asked, "When did you have the time?" He replied, "When your ass was busy wrecking Blue's car."

"Does Hawk know it was me?"

"Oh yes, he does. He finally remembers what you did to him."

"Will he go to the police?"