Eleven

Antoine kindly agreed to give us his flat for the day. Or, most of it anyway. We'd meet up later for dinner, but until then, it's just Jordie and I.

I wake up early. It's strange really, how this is our first Valentine's as a couple, but also our first one in Paris since we've lived here.

I turn onto my side so I can watch Jordie sleep. We never sleep touching each other. We fall asleep all tangled, and then let go of each other as we sleep, both of us too restless while sleeping. But it just means that in the morning, when I wake up, I'm able to freely turn towards him and admire him as much as I want. And if he's close enough to waking up, he usually doesn't move much anymore, so I simply plaster myself against his side, my head resting on his chest and one of my legs thrown over his hips. I even go as far as grabbing his arms to go around me so his hand would rest at my waist. He's still asleep though.

It's a few minutes later that his hand falls away from my waist, but I'm not surprised, he's probably gonna start rolling places any minute now. This time, I'm wrong. Instead, his hand moves to my head, his fingers lightly playing with the baby hairs by my neck, before he hugs my head to his chest.

"Morning beautiful." he mumbles. I chuckle.

"Sorry I woke you up." I say quietly, snuggling into him even more.

"You didn't. I just wanted to see if you'd take advantage of your poor, defenceless boyfriend." he answers with a small grin. I smile a little.

"I was tempted," I reply in a thoughtful tone. He laughs out loud at that.

"Mmm, you could start now. Still half asleep, so still mostly defenceless." he hums.

"No thanks, Mr. defenceless, morning breath doesn't get me off, unfortunately."

"Good thing I've already brushed my teeth then, hey?" The smirk on his face is so obnoxious, I can't help but roll my eyes, even though I'm still giddy with happiness.

"That may be so, but I haven't, so hold on tight, big guy." I say, lift myself onto an elbow, and pat his chest a couple of times before disappearing into the bathroom.

10 minutes later, when I return to the room, still wearing my favourite of his oversized shirts, which I know he only really bought so I can wear them anyway, his eyes have closed again. I smile at the sight of sleepy Jordie, one arm over his stomach, the other resting next to his head, one of his legs stretched out, the other bent at the knee, and the only clothing on his body being his tight, black boxer shorts. He looks like he's waiting for someone to take a photo for a stripper calendar, but I I'm not complaining.

Without making a sound, I approach the foot of the bed. When I softly rest a knee by his outstretched foot, I can see the faint twitch of his lips; he's trying very hard not to smile. I slowly crawl up to him, deliberately not touching him at all, and when I'm close enough, I rise up on my knees and promptly let myself drop onto him, squashing him beneath. I laugh as he instinctively lets out an "Oof" from the impact.

"My god, no need to pin me down, I'm not going anywhere!" he exclaims, freeing the arm that's squeezed between our bodies so he can lay it on my waist and slightly press me to himself.

I prop myself up on my forearms by his head, then let my left hand dance over his right one that is still laying next to his head. I watch in fascination as our fingers intertwine like a perfect net, and his thumb slowly moves up and down on the back of my hand.

I feel his soft lips touching the spot where my jaw meets my neck, leaving butterfly kisses around the area, while I'm still watching our hands in fascination. Such an easy thing now, seemed so far away not even a year ago.