N.i.n.e

Next day, they had to visit the temple.

Avantika's POV

I woke up nearly at 6 a.m and got ready. I was wearing a yellow kurti. I was about to wear my mangalsutra when nikhil woke up.

"Good morning nikhil", I said.

"Good morning", he replied.

"Get ready soon", I reminded him.

"Yeah...we have to go to temple. I know that ", he said.

He got up and went to the washroom.

Can't he say it a little politely. He is just impossible. I can never understand him. I sighed.

"Avi bhabhi", samar called out. I ran out.

"Avi bhabhi...please help to tie this dhoti", samar said, struggling with the cloth.

I couldn't stop myself and giggled.

"Don't laugh na bhabhi", he said making a pout.

"Okay okay...but why are you wearing this?? Change to something comfortable", I said as I began to tie it.

"You don't know??", he said seeming to be surprised. I just shook my head in a no.

"It's a tradition that the boys who aren't married, have to go temple wearing a dhoti", he told.

"Ohh", I said as I tied the first knot.

It took a few minutes do it. Really a difficult job.

"Thank you bhabhi", he said hugging me.

I then came back to my room. I saw nikhil was not wearing anything, just a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Oh sorry", I said turning around.

"Thank God, you came.. please help me..I don't know what to wear...I am really confused", he said.

Why?? These Malik brothers don't know about clothes. Samar asks me to tie his dhoti and my weird husband wants me to choose clothes for. I turned around and walked to him, looking at the floor. I took a kurta and handed him.

"Thanks", he said.

I hummed and started walking out but my bad luck, I tripped. He held before I could fall. It was such an embarrassing moment for me.

And and and...it wasn't enough, kinjal and samar saw us because the door was open and they saw us like that. I quickly stood straight and nikhil turned to other side, scratching his head.

"Oh sorry bhaiya bhabhi....we spoiled your romantic moment", kinjal teased.

"No...", I tried to say but samar interrupted.

"I like me better when I am with you", samar sang.

Nikhil glared them and they both stopped.

"Bhabhi....maa was looking for you", she told

"And as we will take you with us then bhaiya would keep looking for you", samar added.

"Enough", nikhil scoffed.

They both started laughing again. Nikhil sighed. He picked up the kurta and went to washroom. I went out with them.

______________

At the temple

We entered the temple holding heavy plates in our hands which were loaded with different stuffs for pooja.

Nikhil was standing by my side.

"Avantika and siya...you must visit every temple of Longoval", papa exclaimed.

Nikhil and samar face palmed themselves. I saw both of them so irritated by this.

"Bhabhi...you know every time we visit here...bade papa makes it sure that we visit each and every temple here", samar said sarcastically.

"That's not bad", I said with a snigger

"That too on foot. No vehicle to travel", he added.

"Okay....that's a problem", I said.

I and samar laughed while nikhil smirked. He acted as if he wasn't paying attention to us but he was listening to us.

We walked inside the temple and it felt like we were stepping together.

"Avantika, put the veil on your head", maa told.

I nodded and held the end of my veil from one hand. I was holding the heavy plate in my hand so it was difficult for me to do. I kept on trying with my one hand but it was nearly impossible. Then I felt someone putting that veil on my head. I turned and saw, he was nikhil.

"It's Okay...don't worry...I will do it", I said holding his hand to stop but to my surprise he removed my hand and continued.

"Chill Avantika. We aren't strangers. Right??. I can do this for you", he said with a smile.

He smiled at me. He is not that bad. Mr. Super weird nikhil.

We offered prasad and prayed for our happy marriage.

"Hey bhagwan vishnu (lord vishnu) and mata lakshmi (godess Lakshmi)....I know that I got married to nikhil in a very difficult situation and we don't love each other but God please be with us throughout our lives. Help us to build our relationship. Like you both are inseparable, please make me and nikhil too", I prayed.

"Now abir-siya and nikhil-avantika, you take three rounds around the idol", maa told.

First abir and siya took the rounds and then me and nikhil. During the three rounds, we both had our hands kept in each other's hand.

Then we went to the religious lake of the temple.

"Now you all offer your prayers to God and drop your diyas in the lake", maa told.

I and nikhil, sat beside each other with closed eyes and joined hands. Then we held each other's hand and dropped the diya together in the lake. During that we shared an eye contact.

We came out of the temple after all the religious customs.

We wore our shoes and sandals and again I saw nikhil struggling. He didn't remember where had he left his shoes. He forgot that he had placed his shoes next to me. He was looking so cute.

I giggled a little and then placed his shoes next to him. I tapped on his shoulder and ran away. He turned around wiping his sweat of forehead. He first saw me running and then looked down. He sat down and wore the shoes.

I turned around and saw that smile on his face. He was looking at me and smiling.

I could feel that we have started building our relation and I hope we make it soon.