chapter 10

Today I had to go visit my parents and tell them about Malik's disgusting ass actions

Today I had to go visit my parents and tell them about Malik's disgusting ass actions. The girls would be going with me for moral support.

"You are such a Pisces," Gill said as I admired myself in the mirror while picking out my outfit.

"And you can't keep a man to save your life," I said blowing a kiss at her in the mirror as she flicked me off. "True," she said getting off of my bed.

"Hurry up and get dressed, "I yelled after her as I sat my dress on the bed.

I walked into the bathroom and started to get ready for today. The sun was extra bright out today so I slathered on sunscreen after my skincare routine. I didn't want to do heavy makeup so I put on skin tint, cream bronzer, and highlight.

I had just started lining my lips when my phone started buzzing with an incoming facetime call.

"COUSIN," Khalid's bright smile greeted me on the other end of the phone."Is that Smith, "I heard a voice say in the background.

"Who else would I be calling cousin, "Khalid asked Alessandro."Umm another cousin."

"Don't get smart," Khalid said before turning his attention back to me. "What are you getting ready for," he asked as I continued to line my lips with the brown liner.

"Me and the girls are having dinner with the rents tonight," I said before applying the gloss.
"That's always fun," Khalid said giving me a knowing stare.

"Right," I said as I took out the gel and started to refresh my top not." Especially tonight when I tell them about recent events,"

"Shit,"

Shit indeed.

I hoped that they wouldn't be that mad about me busting his windows out his car and I definitely wasn't going to tell them about my miscarriage. Some things they just didn't need to know.

"Alright love you lots," I said blowing a kiss to the phone, "I'll call you when it's over, hopefully, I'm still alive by then."

"Send an S.O.S if you need me, Love you, Ash, he said before hanging up the phone.

I slathered on some shea butter because we not about to be ashy in these streets. I threw on the cream dress I picked out, my brown leather jacket, and my brown hermès sandals. I spritzed on my favorite perfume, grabbed my bag, and turned my lights off before leaving.

"Are you whores ready," I yelled at the bottom of the banister. How is it that I am ready before them? This doesn't feel right.