Chapter 26

POV Blake

After some hours, I decided to head home. I couldn't postpone it any longer. I knew I had to face her sooner or later.

I rode home on Alex and brought him to his stable, before walking upstairs to our room. I was walking slower than I normally did because I was afraid. I was afraid of losing her.

I opened the door quietly and walked inside. I looked around and spotted her on the bed. She was wearing the shirt I was wearing in the morning and her arms and legs were wrapped around my pillow. Tears were streaming down her face as she slept. Sometimes you could hear her whimpering which broke my heart. I rushed to her and brushed some strands of hair out of her face. As soon as I touched her, the whimpering stopped and fewer tears streamed out of her closed eyes.

I stroked her left cheek with the back of my hand which made her smile before she turned around so that she was facing me. She grabbed my hand slowly and intertwined our fingers. I just watched her actions and let her do as she wanted. I wanted to know what she would do in her sleep.

After some minutes, I tried to remove my hand so that I could take a shower before joining her but she wouldn't let go of my hand. Her grip was so tight that I had no chance to escape.

I shouldn't have left. I should have just faced her instead of running away. But I was afraid. I am afraid to lose her.

I couldn't live anymore if she would be gone. I would search for someone else who was able to kill me. Maybe another angel or some creature that was strong enough. I would beg them to kill me and they could take their time to do so. I deserve it because I killed a whole kingdom and I knew that some of them were innocent. I just didn't care. I wanted to see blood - a lot of it.

Now, when I look at her face, I just want to go back and think about my actions. I don't think I could let her parents live. They killed mine. And my soul was too dark to show mercy. But I would let many others live.

I decided to stay in these clothes and just climb in next to her. Who cares about the sheets...

I can just throw them away and use new ones.

As soon as I was lying next to her, she changed her position. She turned around with a smile on her face and started to loosen her grip on my hand. Instead, she rolled over so that she was laying on top of me. Her arms snaked around my waist and she snuggled deeper into my chest. I looked as if she just wanted to climb inside of me.

I hugged her tighter to my body and closed my eyes, soon falling asleep due to the time.

-----some hours later-----

I was woken up by a slap on my face. It took me some time to realize where I was and what happened.

I opened my eyes and saw my princess.

Let's just say that she looked really angry.

"How dare you Blake Montgomery. I tried to search for you the whole day and you didn't show up. Now you're just lying here next to me as if nothing had happened?! I cried the whole day and gave up because I knew that I had no chance to find you. You could have woken me up instead of doing it like that. I hate you!!"

I understood everything she said with one exception. The last sentence broke my heart. I just looked up to her and said nothing. I stood up and went to the closet, where I changed into an outfit that mirrored my feelings. It was black from the bottom to the top. At that moment I promised myself to never wear any other color again because it would remind me of her.

I searched for something to write on and found a piece of paper.

Dear princess,

I love you. I will always love you. You have every right to hate me and if you don't want me anymore, I will be fine - I promise. I won't hurt myself like last time.

Take Alex again but go to my dad before. He will give you enough money to survive some decades and you will never see me again unless you want to, which I doubt. Stay safe!

Blake

I folded the paper and walked out of the closet. She was sitting on the bed and I walked up to her, kissed her forehead and gave her the letter. After that, I left the room and walked around the palace.

POV Eileen/Aurora

He gave me the paper and left the room without another word. Why is he reacting like that?

I opened the letter and read it and that was the moment I realized how fragile he was. He always played the devil himself in front of others but he was the complete opposite. He just wanted to be loved and because of my words, he thinks that I hate him. I don't. I love him and I was just angry at the moment because he didn't wake me up after coming home.

I run after him, only to find him in the library in the corner of the room. He was leaning against the wall with his knees to his chest. Tears were streaming down his face and he was too lost in his thoughts to realize that I was standing right next to him.

I unfolded my wings and crouched down in front of him. I took his head in my hands and brushed the tears away. I started to explain everything while sitting next to him, silently telling him to climb on my lap. I know it sounds weird but since I am an angel I am much stronger.

He complied but laid on my stomach instead. His arms snaked around my waist and my wings hugged him to myself.

After explaining everything, he calmed down and told me why he went missing. We talked a lot and came to the conclusion that we should forget about it and that is exactly what we did. We just continued with our day and spent the whole day together.

-----------------

Tbh I hate that chapter....but I didn't know what to write instead so it will be like it is right now. One or two more chapters before I am finished btw.

What is your favorite drink? Me: Icetea (peach)