Chapter 22

POV Eileen

-----2 weeks later-----

In the last two weeks, we tried it again and again but I was slowly giving up. I didn't even feel any progress which didn't help my motivation. Blake tried to stay positive and never gave up on me. He always pushed me and helped me to try it again even if I was on the edge of stopping.

Currently, we were in the big garden behind the palace, doing the same thing we did for the last two weeks. I was constantly crying and sobbing and Blake was calming me down with his arms.

He avoided using his wings for the last two weeks because he thought that I would be even more unmotivated if I would see him using them all day. I could tell that it was hard for him because they were an important part of his life and more or less normal like hands for humans were.

"I know you will be able to use your wings and I know that you don't see light at the end of the tunnel but you just have to imagine that it is a freaking huge tunnel. It is so big that it takes what feels like forever to reach the end but it exists and I believe in you."

Blake gave me those speeches every day and if I wasn't able to make progress today, I will stop trying and just live like I wouldn't have two big wings on my back.

After trying for almost four hours I gave up. I sank to my knees and started to sob uncontrollably. Those wings were as useful as a fork to eat soup!

Blake picked me up once again and hugged me to his firm chest. My legs were wrapped around his waist and my arms were around his shoulders. He carried me back to our room and helped me change into one of his shirts.

He was obsessed and he wanted me to wear his clothes all the time. He said that everybody would know who I belonged to but in my opinion, I didn't need to show it his way. I was his since he saw me and we both know it.

POV Blake

I saw it in her face. She gave up. I wanted to talk her into trying again but I didn't want to see her suffer every day. She shed more tears the last two weeks than she probably did the rest of her life and it wasn't healthy anymore. I would stop and try to find another way - a more secretive one.

I thought about every possibility to activate her wings without her realizing it until she succeeded because I knew that it was the only way to make her happy again.

That is when it clicked. I have to create a situation where she is acting out of instinct because then, her brain would concentrate on the important part and blend out her fear of failing. And the only way to reach this aim I had to think of a plan which included me. I would have to be the victim because she loved me the most and she didn't want me to get hurt.

I can't bring myself in real 'danger' because she would hate me. Also, she would never believe me if I told her that I was almost indestructible. She probably was afraid of me being attacked by a wolf or some other animal which didn't even compare to me but I wanted her to be alive. She shouldn't get a heart attack if that was even possible as an angel.

After a lot of thinking, I had a perfect idea: I have to freeze until I start to shiver and ask her to warm me up. I am sure she would come to me and hug me since she wasn't as sensible as before. She could handle me being an ice cube and still don't get cold because it took us hours to freeze.

I just have to sneak out while she is sleeping or find an excuse to leave. Then I could bathe in ice or some shit like that and come back as a living snowman.

This plan hopefully works!

-----the next day-----

I told her that I had to fulfill some duties and would be home in the evening which she believed without doubt. The pout on her face told me that she didn't like it but she knew that my 'duties' were important.

My dad knew about the plan because I needed another person to help me and he believed that it should work. He saw Eileen being sad for half a month now and he always felt bad for her if she was crying in my arms. And to say he saw her often clinging to me like a koala would be an understatement.

I was currently filling a bathtub with dry ice. Humans would end up with cold burns that could get dangerous but for me, it was a good way to cool down. I am starting to sound like a vampire. The tub was filled with enough ice and I stripped off my clothes minus my boxers before climbing into the bathtub. My dad was standing next to me, observing my reactions to the ice in case something would go wrong which was almost impossible.

"I think this could work. My body already starts to cool down and if you believe it or not, I feel slightly cold."

He only nodded his head before leaving the room. After three hours of laying in the bathtub, I was literally freezing. I never felt this cold and I decided to go to her and wait for her reaction. Adam was at my side at the moment and helped me. I told him to tell her to go to our room because I will be there soon and need her. She wouldn't know why I would want her presence until she saw me which was part of the plan. If she knew that I was freezing, she probably would prepare a hot bath and the plan would be screwed.

He came back, telling me that everything was ready and I made my way to her in nothing but my boxers and a towel. Let the game begin...

----------------

a/n

WE HAVE REACHED OVER 270 reads!!!

It may not be much for others but for me, it is incredible...tbh I thought that I would get maybe 100 reads for the whole story <3

Do you publish books/fanfics on wattpad?