I'll Show That Alpha~~Chapter 24

Chapter 24

After a long time of searching, I finally found Landon in the basement playing video games.

I joined in as soon as I could and we had been playing for at least an hour now.

I shot his last player and jumped up with joy.

"I WIN! Whoo hoo!" I jumped up and down with a huge smile on my face.

"Cheater!" Landon bellowed, being a big sore loser.

"You always say that when I win! And I won every time!" I smirked.

"That is because you cheat!" He yelled.

"I do not!" I yelled back, my smirk growing wider.

"Do too!" He said, a grin cracking through his frown.

"Aha!" I pointed at his smile. "You know that I would never cheat!" I said sitting back down next to him.

"I don't know Hazel. You could be a cheating mastermind."He said with a thick Russian accent.

I laughed at his impression. "So do you want to play some more?" I asked.

"Nah, I don't think I could take losing again." Landon said getting to his feet then helping me get to mine.

"Thanks. So what do you want to do then?" I questioned while making eye contact.

"Hmmm well we could just catch up maybe?" He said nervousness evident when he looked at the ground while saying it.

"That sounds great. Want to go to the balcony?" I questioned.

He nodded his head yes.

"Wanna give me a piggy back ride?" I asked

"Can't you just walk?" He whined.

I shook my head no and pouted my lip. It always worked on Landon.

"Fine" He laughed and turned around.

I hopped on his back and giggled as he ran up the stairs, and into the ballroom.

He dropped me off by the door leading out to the balcony, and opened the door.

It had little iron tables with matching chairs which gave it a very relaxing vibe.

We both took seats and I just breathed in the air for a moment.

"Have you found your mate yet?" I asked Landon, cutting to the chase.

I saw him frown for a flash of a second then he was back to smiling. "No, I haven't yet." He said.

"That's ok; we're only 18 after all." I said reaching over the table and grabbing his hand.

"Have you and Archer mated yet?" He asked, this time giving me the sly smile.

"Oh, no we aren't mates." I stated

"Really? You both act like it, well you had me fooled." He chuckled.

"Yeah, we actually just had our one year anniversary. He gave me this promise ring." I showed him the ring with a bright smile on my face.

"That's great Hazel. You really found a wonderful life for yourself huh?" He said.

"Changing packs was one of the best things I ever did. But I still missed you guys. I just want you to know that I mean it." I made eye contact with him.

"You'll always be my best friend Hazel, even when you have to go back to your pack." He said with a genuine smile.

I walked around the small table and gave him a hug. Landon gave me a kiss on my cheek and I went back to my seat.