44

───

───

     NO ONE WAS EVEN SURPRISED AT this point, as himari's soul was now trapped in a jar at the edge of the frosty mountain — personally dug up by itadori and rumi.

     "so do we just release it, or....?"

     "yeah. worst case scenario, we just try to catch the soul before it flies away I guess", gojō shrugged, twisting open the lid, as a pinkish-whitish soul had flew out, catching sukuna by surprise.

usually humans had white souls, maybe tinted with some darker shades — depending on how much they've sinned throughout their lives — meanwhile demons had entirely black ones.

     so to witness a baby pink soul, was indeed a rare sight.

     "huh? I didn't know souls were pink", itadori commented, to which rumi had hummed in agreement.

     the pink orb quickly flew back into himari's chest, allowing the woman to regain a more healthy complexion, as she suddenly yawned, as if she just woke up from a nap.

     "damn...it's already afternoon?? or is it the next day?", himari asked, scratching the back of her head, as she suddenly felt neutral.

it was odd.

"himari, what are you looking for?", rumi asked, causing the auburn-haired woman to stand up immediately.

"why's the snow melting?"

"h-huh? maybe because it's warmer now?", rumi suggested, not exactly understanding why the woman was so worried.

"mmm...I need to go say bye to someone. I'll be right back!!", himari promised, hastily rushing off, as rumi was about to follow, before tōji had stopped her.

"we'll go", sukuna sighed, trudging behind the woman, as getō gave the two teens a reassuring nod.

without another moment, the four men had followed the wobbling woman, who was desperately searching for a small abode.

     with the petite wooden house finally in sight, himari had let out a small smile, as she bursted through the door without even knocking.

though the woman's smile had instantly faltered, with her lips pressing into a thin line, as she could visibly see and smell the grotesque image right in front of her.