37

───

───

"MHM, SO HE JUST CONVENIENTLY LANDED on top of you", himari happily teased, causing rumi to let out a distressed sigh, as the guys were currently showering.

     "it's true though!! it was just an accident! the spider was on top of my head", rumi pouted, making himari let out a chuckle.

     "I knowwww, I was just messing", the woman smiled, writing some basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division facts on the copious amount of scrolls.

     "by the way himari, what are you doing?"

     "oh, I'm just writing down some mathematical facts. I still need to write instructions on how to write and pronounce japanese, at least for the younger ones that's never even held a book before.

and history's also very important...science...that can come later", himari explained.

"what's all this for?", rumi asked, confused on what she had missed in the past hour or so.

himari suddenly grinned, as she momentarily stopped working in her drafts.

"I bought the entire brothel".

rumi nodded, until the words had finally processed in her head.

"WAIT, THE ENTIRE BROTHEL?! LIKE...THE ENTIRE THING ALONG WITH THE LADIES THAT WORK THERE?!"

     "mhm".

     "WHY?! WHERE'D YOU EVEN GET THE MONEY FROM? WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH THEM?! WHAT'S MASTER HOTARU GOING TO SAY ABOUT THIS? oh my lord, you haven't even told your father about this have you?"

     "huh? oh, ryō just made some fake money for the owner to take. and I'm planning to open a school for them. why would father need to know about this?"

"master hotaru seems very concerned with your journey...also, he instructed you to make it back in time for the chūshū no meigetsu!"

"bro, I'm like on a serious mission here. why would he ask for me to come back?"

"it's the shogunate. you perform at the event every year", rumi replied, making himari exasperated.

     "me again?! don't they have like professional entertainers or something?"

"w-well...there's the other daimyos' daughters, but you really wanted to stand out because you used to take on every chance you get, to impress young master nao—"