Wattpad Original
There are 35 more free parts

Ch 6: Vorian

A loud bang echoed throughout the clearing and I felt a sharp pain as something tore through my shoulder. Looking down, I blinked in shock when I saw more of my own blood begin to spill out of a newly formed hole.

The Terran shot me.

Scowling, I pointed my gun at the shadow hiding beside the tall brown and green plant and took a few determined strides toward it. This planet was dark, and I found myself squinting as I struggled to spot any signs of movement. As I moved, my boots sunk uncomfortably into the soft ground of the planet, slowing my stride.

Just then, a gush of cold blew by, bringing forth a cloud of smoke that blinded my vision completely and hid my enemy. My frustration grew and I growled, gripping my blaster.

Even if this Terran was a low threat level, it had the advantage of home field. The alien knew this dark wet planet, whereas I did not.

As the smoke clouded over me, I regained my composure. Despite the new pain blossoming in my shoulder, I couldn't afford to act rashly. The fact that something was out there, and was capable of causing me harm, was enough evidence to treat this planet like any other my fleet had searched.

With that, I decided that I was going to wait to fire until after I saw exactly what kind of alien I was dealing with. After all, I had never frequented this planet before and part of me still held on to hope that this aggressive species could be compatible with mine. This planet had weapons similar, though far weaker, than the ones in my own system.

If there was even the slightest chance of a compatible species, I owed it to my fleet and my brothers back on Zur to check. That being said, if I was wrong, I would not let some level-one Terran shoot me again. I would make quick work of the surrounding life forms and get to repairing my ship to return.

If that was even possible...I thought grimly before shaking my head. That was a problem for another time. For now, I had a Terran to deal with.

I readied myself for the next gush of wind, pointing my blaster in the direction of my foe, waiting. As soon as the smoke cleared, I would make a split-second decision before firing.

The wind soon came, blowing aside the smoke. Readying my blaster, I focused my aim as my attacker came fully into view for the first time.

I froze.

My eyes widened in disbelief as I took in the unbelievable sight before me.

Standing across the way was a small figure, though menacingly posed, with long hair that flowed down its back in ebony waves. The Terran had some sort of clear covering over the bottom half of their face, which I assumed was an archaic version of some sort of breathing ring or face shield. However, the part of their face that did show was covered in dirt and ash, only droplets of the sky's shower washed away some of the dirt, revealing the unmistakably soft skin beneath.

A female.

My chest swelled with a renewed hope I hadn't felt since I was a child. Not since before I knew what a great tragedy the loss of our females was. Not since before I resigned myself to a fate of a meaningless and lonely death.

Judging by her stature, the Terran was not only female but had similar body compositions to my own people. My head swam as my mind began imagining the faces of my Zurian brothers once they found out that there was still hope. Hope in the form of a furious Terran, standing right in front of me.

Forcing myself out of my thoughts, I focused my eyes back on the Terran. My heart raced as my eyes trailed over her form, taking in all that I could.

My breath caught in my throat when my gaze landed on her eyes. They were unlike anything I had ever seen. Their color reminded me of the sparkling emerald Duresca trees on my home planet. The intensity of her gaze as she regarded me took my breath away. Despite her small stature, I found myself wanting to cower beneath her gaze, ignited with an unbridled strength and determination I had never seen before.