Chapter Twenty

Nathan's POV

Taking a shower with her was amazing. And I couldn't stop thinking about the intimate time we shared a few moments ago. I was her first and I'm planning to be her last. I'd protect her till my last breathe. We finished dressing up, with me roaming about picking my clothes in bits and putting them on.

"I'd love to see you often in my shirts." I said, when Nicole dressed up wearing a tank top and some shorts.

"What would you wear if I wear your shirts?" she asked, with a cute little pout on her face.

"That's why there's something called shopping." I said the continued, "we need to go shopping often."

"Naah, shopping with you can get dangerous." she replied.

"Then I'd just buy them and you'd see your wardrobe changed." I said.

"And there'd obviously be a world war here." she answered, making me chuckle.

The doorbell rang, so we descended to go get the it. My friends and Clara walked in with lots of food. Okay, I now get what they meant by they got it covered. We went in and had dinner, and I'm wondering if there's up with them. "Alone time" is doing wonders to these set of people. After dinner, my friends and I decided to play games, giving the ladies some time to chat.

"How did it go?" Zac asked when they were out of earshot.

"Best time of my life." came my reply.

"Finally, we've got a wedding to attend." Collins said. We laughed.
"I can't wait to eat the cake." he continued.

"That's the only thing you want to do?" I asked.

"Yeah, and maybe dance nicely too." he answered.

"One of the reason why I won't add you to the invited guests." I said, beating my opponent.

"That's why we're not part of the invited guests." Zac replied, making me chuckle.

"I actually forgot you'd be the best men." I said.

"Yeah, right, Nicole made you forget about that." Zac said,  dodging a pillow I threw at him. We played till midnight, before we decided to call it a night and head to bed. Tomorrow would be a busy day.

Nicole's POV

"Girl, you're glowing, spill." Clara said as we sat in the guest room.

"It was amazing." I said, blushing.

"At this point, I can say you lost your V-card to the most handsome greek god. I so happy for you." she said, hugging me.

"And guess what?" I said.

"You know I'm bad at guessing." she said.

"He told me when he actually got feelings for me and it wasn't the first time we met." I said.

"You're kidding, right?" she asked in disbelief.

"I was also surprised when he said it." I answered her.

I proceeded to narrate what he said, including the part he said he'd help me forget about everything I've gone through.

"You see. I told you you'd get someone who values you more than anything, and decides to put your happiness and protection first." she said.

"I actually glad I listened to you and left the house." I said with Clara just telling me it was fate that made her convince me into it.

"Tomorrow being Monday, what plans do you have in mind?" she asked.

"I don't know, anything goes. We'd just do the normal things we do." I said.

"That's great." she said.

We continued talking till we heard the guys preparing to head to bed. I left Clara to have some personal time and prepare for bed and headed to Nathan's room.

"I was missing you." He said as soon as I entered the room.

"I was in this same house." I said, laughing.

"Yeah but still, you weren't close to me." He said, hugging me.

"Clara and I have decided to go to our studio tomorrow." I said.

"Okay, then I'd drive you there." he said, carrying me and walking towards the bed.

"You don't need to, you have serious work tomorrow and I wouldn't want you stressing yourself by driving us there." I replied, hoping he'd change his mind.

"I'm not stressing myself, I want to ensure your safety." he said, putting me in bed an dthen joining me.

"The guards would be there and moreover, I don't want anything happening to you." my voice trailed at the end of the sentence.

"Nothing would happen to me." he said.

"Please." I said.

"Okay. But promise me you won't be alone."

"I promise." I said, hugging him.

We put off the bedside lamps and cuddled as usual. Tomorrow is a brand new day. A day I'm already beginning to feel it's not going to go well. I looked at Nathan and I realized he wasn't asleep.

"Is something bothering you?" he asked.

"Yes. I have this feeling tomorrow won't go on well." I said.

"I've changed my mind now. I'd drive you there and I'd have a few guards deposited close by in case if anything." he said.

"But...." I started but he didn't let me finish.

"I'm not taking no as an answer." he said, staring at me.

"Okay' I answered.

"Good, now let's get our beauty sleep." he said, making me chuckle and drawing closer to him.

Unknown person's POV

I'm running out of patience. Should I go get her myself and leave him feel the lost of not having her before she died. But I need to have self control, else eveerything I've worked hard for would go down the drain.

"You'd soon have her in your grip and just end her without getting caught. We've set up the place in such a way that everything would be pointing towards him."

One of the men said, whilst I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I'd see how far his plan would go, and mine would take action after I've seen his results. I walked with the guy following me to check out the place I'd kill her.

"I'm glad I made you in charge of the work." I told him.

"It's my pleasure" he answered, knowing how satisfied I was with the arrangement.

"Let get the ball rolling." I said and left to attend to other things I need to do.