17.

"I love you." He whispered and my mouth dropped open. I had no idea what to say. I mean, I knew I was extremely attracted to this man since day one. I know we are supposed to me some kind of wolf-type soulmates so he has some kind of claim on me. I know my body and mind and heart react to him and I way I've never known before. I know I really do trust him. And that means a lot, especially for me.

"I love you. But I've known about you longer than you've known me. I don't want you to say anything. I just want you to know." He whispered and I nodded, a small smile on my lips. Part of me wanted to say it back, for him. But I was scared. Nothing in life could have ever prepared me for the position I was in today. And my past circumstances didn't make it any easier.

So instead, I leaned up and placed a soft quick kiss on his lips. When I pulled away, he gave me a soft smile. Not a sad one, just a small one. He looked genuinely satisfied.

"Ryleigh, the food is here!" Grace called out and I smiled, jumping out of the bed. I raced down the hall. Remington hung back in my room.

Grace was at the counter with the take out bag. She noticed me come running and smiled.

"Hey, sorry it took so long." She said and smiled at me knowingly.

"No, it's fine." I said, shrugging it off.

"So, he came to see you?" She asked and I smiled big, looking up at her.

"Yeah, he did." I smiled softly. She smiled back and it made me happy. I was glad she didn't hate it.

"Well, he seems to make you happy. You're beaming whenever he's around." She said and I sighed in relief. I thought she'd hate that fact that he was once my substitute teacher. And that he was older.

"So you're not mad...?" I asked slowly and she laughed, shaking her head.

"He's only twenty-two, hon. That's still young. Especially considering he's literally a decade younger than me. I mean, I worry about you. But I always will." She explained and I nodded, my heart warming. I don't know what I would do if she didn't approve of him. She meant a lot to me. How much did he mean?

"Well, I think I'm gonna take these back to my room, if you don't mind." I sighed and she nodded, waving me away. I grabbed the chimes and headed for my bedroom.
---
I groaned, waking up to my alarm going off. I smiled when I saw Remington. I had been laying on his arm and the rest of his body had been splayed out in the opposite direction. He looked so cute and peaceful when he slept.

He basically knows my whole life story. I wish I knew more about him.

I slowly moved, trying to get up and get ready for school without waking him. I had successfully made it off the bed when the floor creaked under my foot. I cursed as I heard the bed rustle a bit. I turned to see him stretch and groan.

He opened his eyes and frowned at me. "Mm, come back to bed."

God. Damn. I probably looked stupid standing there staring at him, but his groggy voice just about made my jaw drop. Suddenly, bed sounded so good. In fact, it was the only place I wanted to be right now.

"I can't." I groaned, leaning down over the bed to peck his lips quick. "I have to get ready for school."

When I said that, his arm snaked around me and pulled me onto the bed. He flipped us so that he was now hovering over me. I giggled as he started peppering kisses all over my face and on my nose and even my ears.

"Mm," He grumbled with another kiss. "No." He placed another on my jaw. "Stay." One on my neck and I sucked in a breath. I didn't want to leave this spot. Ever. My head was racing, my body tingling wherever he left his warm kisses behind.