Chapter 34: A Rogue

I awoke to someone shaking my shoulders, calling out frantically.

"Luna! Luna!"

I rolled away from him, rubbing my eyes. It took a minute for my brain to turn on enough to recognize Luke's voice.

"Luke? What's wrong?" I asked, blinking and turning towards him.

"Alpha is going to kill my mate. You have to help me. Please, Luna," he begged, his voice cracking.

"What?" I asked, sitting up quickly. I was still half asleep but what did he just say?

"She's a rogue and she crossed the border and Rykan's going to kill her but she hasn't done anything, Luna. It's just because she's a rogue but she didn't mean anything by crossing the border, it was an accident because she doesn't know the area. Luna, please help me. I can't lose my mate. Please," he pleaded.

The light from the moonlight was enough to see the tears coming down his face. Shit. I knew rogues were a sensitive issue but this was ridiculous. He couldn't kill Luke's mate, especially not over accidentally coming on the territory. I hoped he had enough time to calm down because I was not going to let him do this to Luke, no matter how pissed at me he got.

"It's going to be okay," I said, sliding out of bed and grabbing a sweatshirt to pull over me. I'd only put on one of Rykan's shirts and leggings before bed so I could feel close to him even though he wasn't there when I fell asleep. "Where are they?"

"At the dungeons. On the other side of the territory. Please hurry, I can feel her getting weaker. It's breaking me," he sobbed, dropping his head in his hands.

Dungeons? What fucking dungeons? And was he really going to kill Luke's mate just because she was a rogue? How could he do this to Luke? I really didn't have time for these questions to be answered. I'd never seen Luke like this. He was always so stoic and collected.

"Can you get me there? We'll get there faster," I said, holding out my arms.

He nodded and before I even had time to brace myself, he had me over his back. I wrapped my arms around his neck. Suddenly, we weren't in the house. I had to close my eyes because things moved too quickly but then he was setting me down. I recognized two Deltas tense when they saw me.

"What did you do?" One hissed at Luke.

"Don't talk to him like that. Open the door," I snapped, walking towards the door.

Their eyes widened and they stiffened, seeming like they weren't going to but they actually did pull the door open. I could hear crying and rushed down the stairs with Luke right behind me. I didn't know what to expect but seeing Rykan standing over a girl who was bleeding and crying was not it.

"Rykan!" I scolded, rushing into the cell. "What are you doing?" I hissed, crouching next to the girl.

"Kora?" He asked, his eyes blinking quickly until they weren't glowing. "What are you doing here?"

He looked around and spotted Luke who was standing in the cell as well. The glow returned to his eyes and before I could respond, he had Luke thrown up against the wall so hard it cracked.

"What the fuck did you do?" He growled.

"Don't hurt him," the girl choked, reaching out and hissing, the silver chains burning her skin.