12

Skylar's POV

To say that I was nervous was an understatement.

I was petrified, of how today was gonna go. I also didn't know why I cared so much about Aiden liking my friends and I surely didn't want to ponder on it either, because I was sure it would have led to me unanswerable questions, that I'm not ready to be answered, at least not now, so I just pushed those thoughts to the back of my head.

I was actually surprised, as to how well Aiden got on with my friends, especially with Lily, he seemed to like her most and he spent most of the time talking with her and I could tell she likes him also but, hey I'm not complaining, I'm just so happy he got along with all of them.

Right now we're on our way home from the arcade, we just dropped off the last one of our friends and now we're taking the root to my house.

Nothing has been said between us ever since we dropped off Lily, not that I mind, I don't, the silence is not uncomfortable, it's actually soothing.

I was focused on the road, the silence both calming and tense and I didn't dare brake it. I just distracted myself by listening to the song on the radio that I recognised as 'wild by Troye Sivan', I tapped my fingers on the stirring wheel along with beat. I was so in grossed in the song that it came as a bit of startle when I heard someone speak.

"I'm sorry, what?" I ask, staring at him for a second before focusing back on the road.

Aiden sighed. "Your friends aren't all that bad." He grumbles out and I couldn't help the grin that spread on my face, after he said that. "I honestly don't know why you were so nervous about me liking them."

"Good. I'm glad you liked them." I tell him smiling like a goof, he just rolls his eyes and turns his head to look out of the window.

We stay silent for the rest of the ride home, only the radio as background noise.

Once we pull into the drive way, Aiden immidietly unbuckles his seat belt and rushes inside, I just shake my head at him and grab both his and my back packs. I get out of the car myself and slowly walk towards the house.

Once inside, I close the door and toss the bags by the stairs to be picked up later and make my way towards the kitchen, where I could hear laughter, as I assume that's where everyone is.

I enter the kitchen and find dad, papa and Casey laughing at whatever it is that their talking about.

"Uh-hey." I greet, as I walk over to the fridge.

"Hey love." Papa says coming over and giving me a hug. "Why you home so late?" He asks, in more of a I'm just curious vibe.

"Hung out with my friends. I wanted Aiden to meet them, so we all went over to the arcade down town." I say opening a bottle of water I'd taken out from the fridge. Papa nods his head and goes back over to the stove and stirs what I presume is dinner.

"So, where's Matt?" I ask casually as I sit next to Casey on a bar stool.

"Oh, he had some art work to complete and didn't need disturbances from me." Casey says, i nod my head as I go back to drinking my water.

Matt hates being interrupted or disturbed when he's focused on his art. If ya'll thought he was bad when he was getting Aiden ready, well then you haven't seen him when it has something to do with his art. If you so much as make a sound while he's busy, he'll go bat shit crazy, I'm talking full on hulk mode right there and all you can do as he throws curse after cures after curse at you is stand there quiet as a mouse. Trust me I've been in that situation before and it sure as hell was my last time pissing over his art.