chapter 13

Attending court has been a tough time for me. There are so many issues to attend to.

The city look so peaceful but everyday there is a new problem, from petty stealing to young marriage, there are some men who argued that once the parents agreed to the marriage who's  the king to interfere.

But we got to know this due to one of the young girl who got married at the age of 14 ran from her wedding and appeal to the king for help.

Those old men in the court even have the nerves to say it has been happening since her father was the king that it's already a law.

Jhangiani and I left the court because the case was adjourned to the next day.

"If we can prove that those girls are not happy and was forced to get married we can expel that useless practice there call law" Jhangiani said while sitting down in her office.

I walked behind her and started messaging her shoulders making her rest back and leaned into my touch.

"I will have to go into the village in disguise and inquire about this useless practice" she said.

I hummed to her suggestion and she hold my hand walked me in front of her "I will need a dress from you"she said.

She chuckled upon seeing my expression and lead us to our bedroom.

Jhangiani outfit

Mother and I  walked across each other when she said she wanted to tell me something.

We walked into her room and we sat to talk.

"Going straight to the point Ranjeet got a girl pregnant and we have to get them married because if people get to know this, that girl's life will be ruined with stigmatation and rumor"mother said.

OK, Ranjeet can be playful and Careless but to get a girl pregnant is not in question of his character.

Mother looked stressed out but she didn't want to say why. I excused myself and walked towards Ranjeet's room but I stopped at the door and went back.

Jhangiani came back when dinner was served but she already changed, it would have been so funny to see her walking around in that dress.

She squeeze my hand and motion with her head for me to continue eating.

"There will be another wedding in the palace your MAJESTIE" Dilshaad said sarcastically.

"Who's wedding" Jhangiani asked

"Our innocent Ranjeet's wedding right bro" Sabarwal said facing Ranjeet at the end of his sentence.